Is it worth to buy PSP?

L.S.D

I need constructive comments on the purchase of PSP (especially from those already owning the machine).

I have some extra cash to spare so I thought of getting a PSP for myself.

But the games have little to offer. Of all the games released, I am only interested in Dynasty Warrior, Shutoku Battle and Tenchu (future title).

1. Is it really worth it?

2. Is it really great to listen to MP3 and watching movie from it?

3. Any other interesting games? ( i dun like Vampire much)

Thanks in advance :P

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

for me movies and mp3's are a nice addition. I find my self listening to music on my psp all the time at work. ripping from dvd and encoding to mp4 takes a long time so I don't watch movies much. every so often I will go through the whole process to watch a movie. games wise, I recommend Lumines, Hotshots golf, darkstalkers and wipeout pure.

I recommend psp wholeheartedly.

The only thing I can recommend it for is either for a wall of pretty things and Wipeout Pure right now.

I don't have one and don't plan to get one. Methinks your money is better spent elsewhere.

i think you misunderstand my statement.

I do have extra money, you know. I am just thinking where to spend it :P

Anyway, nice input, Inky. But I am just not interested in the games you mentioned :(

if u are a dedicated portable player, than psp is right on ur alley. i never owned a portable b4 but i would love to have one because of the things it can do. games, music, movies, and multiplater. if i were to get one, id get a huge bundle. games, 1 gig mem. stick, and the whole works to fully push the experience. but of course...wheres the money??? id rather get a next gen console with that kind of price hahah. lower them prices dammit!!

Nothing can beat console experience but sadly, the TV is just not for me. My family usually watch TV sitcoms from 7.30pm to 11pm, so there goes my time to game playing on TV. i rarely touch my PS2 nowadays :P That is why I am considering buying PSP.

But it was priced at USD 342 (Value Pack with one game)

if u are a dedicated portable player, than psp is right on ur alley. i never owned a portable b4 but i would love to have one because of the things it can do. games, music, movies, and multiplater. if i were to get one, id get a huge bundle. games, 1 gig mem. stick, and the whole works to fully push the experience. but of course...wheres the money??? id rather get a next gen console with that kind of price hahah. lower them prices dammit!!

In 10 years, 300 dollars will seem like nothing.

I personally will prolly get one but not right now. The only games that I like are Lumines, Ridge Racer and Metal Gear Acid. Other than these nothing has caught my attention, both released and soon to be released. When the library gets beefier is when I'll get it.

You say you want to get it for Dynasty Warriors, but are you sure it alone will hold your interest?

Not to mention the whole dead pixel fiasco, its one of the main reasons I'm holding back till the second or third wave.