gates is C@#$ blocking PS3 launch

Do u think this will hurt sony?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think the media center stuff... is really aimed at the modding comunity. I mean look at this stuff. When u think about xbox whats the first thing that comes to mind besides xbox live. The modding comunity right? MS sees what people love about stuff like XBMC. So they are just giving it to us this time. They see what the modding community truly wanted out of there system ( a media center and so on) so ms is doing the cool thing and giving it to us out of the box. (im sure they would give us emulators to if they legaly could :P)

They can, and if it's backwards compatible with the Xbox.......they will (It's the ONLY way)

As for it being a media center, being a focal point with hombrew.........thats neither here nor there. Just because you can play movies, look at pictures, listen to music etc in their specialized little app, doesn't mean it's open to running unsigned code. Think again! teeeeheee!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the media center stuff... is really aimed at the modding comunity. I mean look at this stuff. When u think about xbox whats the first thing that comes to mind besides xbox live. The modding comunity right? MS sees what people love about stuff like XBMC. So they are just giving it to us this time. They see what the modding community truly wanted out of there system ( a media center and so on) so ms is doing the cool thing and giving it to us out of the box. (im sure they would give us emulators to if they legaly could :P)

They can, and if it's backwards compatible with the Xbox.......they will (It's the ONLY way)

As for it being a media center, being a focal point with hombrew.........thats neither here nor there. Just because you can play movies, look at pictures, listen to music etc in their specialized little app, doesn't mean it's open to running unsigned code. Think again! teeeeheee!

Ofcourse they wont be unsigned stuff... They did talk about being able to make ur own stuff though at the briefing... we will have to wait and see what though.

Anyways I have a theory on the BC stuff. So everyone sit around and listen and learn. They said only big titles right? some people wonder how this is gona work. Well my theory is it isnt even emulation. The reason they wont have every single game is they are gona need to rencode some stuff. Heres the way i see it.. ur gona put ur xbox disk in it and the system will read it and see what game it is. Then the system will connect to xbox live ( silver is free remeber so everyone will have it unless u dont have the net ofcourse) and from there it will download a new XBE (the exe of the xbox world) that works for 360 and run it from that. (so sum that up 360 will turn ur xbox game into a 360 game altogether just running the main part from the hd) Yeah sound confusing but i mean i highly doubt its emulation and since they cant use old hardware like sony does for the ps2 to play ps1 games... i think they are doing my theory and thats why only " some " games will run. They will rencode all the top sellers for us and leave the rest no body cared about.

But then again thats just a theory and i could be compteley wrong and retarded.

Ofcourse they wont be unsigned stuff... They did talk about being able to make ur own stuff though at the briefing... we will have to wait and see what though.

Anyways I have a theory on the BC stuff. So everyone sit around and listen and learn. They said only big titles right? some people wonder how this is gona work. Well my theory is it isnt even emulation. The reason they wont have every single game is they are gona need to rencode some stuff. Heres the way i see it.. ur gona put ur xbox disk in it and the system will read it and see what game it is. Then the system will connect to xbox live ( silver is free remeber so everyone will have it unless u dont have the net ofcourse) and from there it will download a new XBE (the exe of the xbox world) that works for 360 and run it from that. (so sum that up 360 will turn ur xbox game into a 360 game altogether just running the main part from the hd)  Yeah sound confusing but i mean i highly doubt its emulation and since they cant use old hardware like sony does for the ps2 to play ps1 games... i think they are doing my theory and thats why only " some " games will run. They will rencode all the top sellers for us and leave the rest no body cared about.

But then again thats just a theory and i could be compteley wrong and retarded.

DAMN!! so no DBZ Sagas on the XBox360?? :P

lol jk

I love how everyone is getting extremely hyped about this game when that wasnt even realtime gameplay.

Thank you Captain Obvious for sucking ass!

None of the Halos were even good. People with sucky tastes in life dreamed it to be.

It's debatable which ONES were pre-rendered or just videos. But almost all of them were videos.

I love how everyone is getting extremely hyped about this game when that wasnt even realtime gameplay.

Thank you Captain Obvious for sucking ass!

None of the Halos were even good. People with sucky tastes in life dreamed it to be.

Dude man, like, old news >.>

Oh please, stop with the party-crasher attitude and let me enjoy this wave of hype. :)

just preparing u for the let down man.. remeber the emotion engine.

I didn't think the Emotion Engine was so bad. Sure, it wasn't what Sony said it would be, but still.

@Skythe: They just don't understand how you think :D.