gates is C@#$ blocking PS3 launch

Do u think this will hurt sony?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think the technical disappointment the PS2 was, will hurt PS3 sales on it's own. I still think it was pretty sad that the Dreamcast sported some more advanced features than the PS2 had. I mean c'mon FFS, no hardware FSAA? Both Xbox and Gamecube sported these features on a decent sample scale, not to mention other "standardized" features to a point.

Sony better pull out all the stops, or they'll be left with nothing but their fanboys buying their system.

But the average consumer (the people who the consoles are marketed towards) don't really know anything about the tech specifications or anything like that. They just know the console for the games (which is how it should be anyway.) Sony still has the muscle on the console market around the world. It's more of an uphill battle for Microsoft, not Sony.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For once, I think XBOX 360 has a fighting chance.

It does look chic and cool, and your girlfriends might be impressed, bla bla u know,.....they are promoting this kind of thoughts to you.

Kinda hard to work on Japanese though.

My prediction: Micro$oft might gain a bigger slice of market

in the US region. Japanese will still support $ony since they are known to be the loyal dogs. F uck Nintendo.

It does look chic and cool, and your girlfriends might be impressed, bla bla u know,.....they are promoting this kind of thoughts to you.

in the US region. Japanese will still support $ony since they are known to be the loyal dogs. F uck Nintendo.

MS gets it's dominace from the American market anyways. The Japanese have always been split between Nintendo and Sony. MS's main goal is to capture Japan's market early with that done, it will be more of a battle for Sony to win back. We all know the key with Sony was an early release and the endless hype. The Xbox has a chance and so does Nintendo, not saying anything about your own product can lead to some amazing or desaterous results. The main reason why the PS2 appealed so much was the games them selves in Japan (so does everywhere, but seeing here it's was one of the main selling points, and backward capablity). MS has a fine group of Eastern developers taking the chance with the unit. The time we might see some incredible games for the system to make it more appel in the East.

MS gets it's dominace from the American market anyways. The Japanese have always been split between Nintendo and Sony. MS's main goal is to capture Japan's market early with that done, it will be more of a battle for Sony to win back. We all know the key with Sony was an early release and the endless hype. The Xbox has a chance and so does Nintendo, not saying anything about your own product can lead to some amazing or desaterous results. The main reason why the PS2 appealed so much was the games them selves in Japan (so does everywhere, but seeing here it's was one of the main selling points, and backward capablity). MS has a fine group of Eastern developers taking the chance with the unit. The time we might see some incredible games for the system to make it more appel in the East.

I just hope XBOX games has more variety to it. The reason I didn't purchase Xbox til now is it didn't offer much choice since they have US-themed games the most (which I dun quite like and love).

Anyway, I just hope the battle between the 3 would drop the price to reasonable range for us to offer :P

in terms of worldwide microsoft has really a snoballs chance in hell of getting a uperhand on sony or nintendo. i mean nintendo DS beat all consoles recently in japan by launching a series of sim dog titles wtf.!!!! but anyway bill doesnt relize to the hardcore its gonna come down to the games. and sony has more publishers on their side.