gates is C@#$ blocking PS3 launch

Do u think this will hurt sony?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

bill is laying out his pimp hand

Gates is pulling out all stops being a true contender to sony in the next gen line up. He is gonna release Halo 3 the same day as the PS3 release!! I have seen some bold moves in the gaming industry but this is kinda big. a big hit like halo could do a little damage to sony on launch, i mean i dont see it crippling sony that much, but it will hurt them.

But this early announcement can back fire on gates, it gives sony plenty of time to up the launch date or release some phony details. but knowing Gates he has some very well paid spies at Sony so who knows. but it will be interesting to say the least.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is quite a bold move since the release of Halo 2 boosted the sales of the XBOX. I'm sure Sony has something up its sleeve to combat this. Do I think it will hurt Sony? I don't really think so...

Doesn't surprise me at all really.  Just like them to overhype another half-assed title to try and shut out the competition.

Vicious cycle ain't it. Although I do hope SOMEONE succeeds so I can loath and hate.

i honestly dont see how this can hurt sony in any way. i mean...the sales of the ps3 are gonna be provided by those who want the ps3. how can those whove been waiting, and wanting for a ps3 be so easily influenced to go to the 360 just bc halo 3 is out. the only thing that bill gates can get from this bold move is get the expected sales number from the 360 owners who has been waiting for H3 to come out.

if it was something like, xbox 360 will be released on the same day of ps3, then yeah..that is one competetive move. but having one game to go against an anticipated console from Sony no less, how much damage does mr. gates expect? big deal....i dont know, i understand Halo is a big game, (i personally hate it), and i respect that...but i dont think it can do much to be released on the same day of the ps3.

I think the technical disappointment the PS2 was, will hurt PS3 sales on it's own. I still think it was pretty sad that the Dreamcast sported some more advanced features than the PS2 had. I mean c'mon FFS, no hardware FSAA? Both Xbox and Gamecube sported these features on a decent sample scale, not to mention other "standardized" features to a point.

Sony better pull out all the stops, or they'll be left with nothing but their fanboys buying their system.