King of Fighters XI

Wow.....when will the horror stop?

Too many of these crappy games already.

They'll keep milking it forever. As long as threads like this exist and people get excited from every scrap SNK throws out, they'll keep taking advantage.

Meh. While I'd like to see some more innovation, the last few have been good solid fun. I can understand getting tired of them, but new 2D fighters are a rare breed these days, so I get my fix where I can.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The story is in the KOF mooks, which are released for every game from what I hear. A member on another site once gave me a taste of the story by translating it a little, it was 2001 and man was it cool (A LOT more than whats shown in the games). And this stuff is canon.

As for the new KOF, I love the shake-up the roster took, it was so needed its not even funny. I've wanted Eiji since 97 and that was also the year that I thought the next one would have Kyo, Shingo, Iori in one team. My prediction was off by about 8 years lol.

The story is in the KOF mooks, which are released for every game from what I hear. A member on another site once gave me a taste of the story by translating it a little, it was 2001 and man was it cool (A LOT more than whats shown in the games). And this stuff is canon.

As for the new KOF, I love the shake-up the roster took, it was so needed its not even funny. I've wanted Eiji since 97 and that was also the year  that I thought the next one would have Kyo, Shingo, Iori in one team. My prediction was off by about 8 years lol.

The team and game stories are in the mooks. Each mook was released when a KOF game came out (it would follow a few months afterwards). However, those mooks don't tie the story together.

Well, more information, little random details and gameplay alternations have been posted.

Of all the characters to nerf, why Malin?  Was she more powerful than I realized?

She sorta was if you think about it. You could control space with her yo-yos and use the shock treatmeant to rush down on.

Of all the characters to nerf, why Malin?  Was she more powerful than I realized?

She sorta was if you think about it. You could control space with her yo-yos and use the shock treatmeant to rush down on.

That was one of those things that sounded good, but I never really saw it happen first hand. She was a nice jumper, but her yoyo attacks were slow and predictable, and her shock prod attack laaaaaged - it was too easy to jump over. I'd be more worried about the little sumo wrestler chick comboing her dms and ldm together in 2k3 (at least on ps2).

That was one of those things that sounded good, but I never really saw it happen first hand. She was a nice jumper, but her yoyo attacks were slow and predictable, and her shock prod attack laaaaaged - it was too easy to jump over. I'd be more worried about the little sumo wrestler chick comboing her dms and ldm together in 2k3 (at least on ps2).

Thats what they said about Bridget in XX and look what happened to him. Moved up the listing in terms of usefullness.

Thats what they said about Bridget in XX and look what happened to him. Moved up the listing in terms of usefullness.

But bridget was actually quick enough, and manueverable enough, to take advantage of his space-controlling moves. It was much easier to fill the screen with hurty things, and keep those things moving unpredictably, with Bridget. He/She/It didn't have a hugemongous, visually and aurally telegraphed delay before every move like Malin does in 2k3. :P