King of Fighters XI

The manga doesn't count. It isn't part of the canon at all. So anything IN the manga doesn't contribute to the story line at all.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

but the kof 03 manga seemed like the game with more backstory and some alteration but they had the whole misty thing with maki and mukai, kensou is training in an undisclose location iori and kyo and chiziru for the 3 trasures team just like the site said they formed it except for a fight they added to spice things up.

what does snk not consult the persons involve in the manga, then thats dangerous as they crate characters such as the one above without approval of the snk brand

hey now to think of it misty maybe in the next kof.

but the kof 03 manga seemed like the game with more backstory and some alteration but they had the whole misty thing with maki and mukai, kensou is training in an undisclose location iori and kyo and chiziru for the 3 trasures team just like the site said they formed it except for a fight they added to spice things up.

what does snk not consult the persons involve in the manga, then thats dangerous as they crate characters such as the one above without approval of the snk brand

hey now to think of it misty maybe in the next kof.

Like all HK comics. They have no relavence because they aren't part of the offical canon. They may draw inspiration for future characters and storylines (example: Sakura from Sakura Genbango manga was Capcom's inspiration for making her in SFZ2) but they do not draw the current storyline because Imoya doesn't aid nor endorse the manga in canonical way. It's just the game, in comic format.

Double posting!

Massive, and I mean Massive update on gameplay information and other stuff.

I don't entirely understand some of the teams, but it looks like a good roster overall.  People mostly seem to be impressed with it.  I'm anxious now.

Ash/ Ozwald/ Shen-Wu - Evil/Old man/Smart Street brawler

K'/ Kula/ Maxima - It was hinted that K` and Kula would of teamed up with either Maxima or Whip.

Terry/ Kim/ Duck - Duck pretty much knows Terry and Kim

B.Jenet/ Gato/ Griffon - MOTW team, no idea

Kyo/ Iori/ Shingo - Shingo = TF?

Vanessa/ Mary/ Ramon - Agents team

Ralf/ Clark/ Whip - Original Concept Ikari 96 team

Ryo/ Yuri/ King - All 3 are trying to find Takuma's attacker while Robert takes care of Takuma

Marin/ Kasumi/ Eiji - (softly hinted) Eiji is Takuma's attacker, Kasumi still has a grudge against Ryo and Marin...have yet to establish her connection.

Elisabeth/ Duolong/ Benimaru - All going after Ron

Athena/ Kensou/ Momoko - Pyscho Soliders Team Version 3.

Edited by K`dash

I didn't draw the "agents team" connection, nice.

The Ash team still seems arbitrary, but it always kind of did.

Duck seems like an odd man out with Kim and Terry - I always thought he was a bad guy? Another one of Kim's convicts? hehe..

Griffon teaming up with outlaws?

Why does Kasumi hold a grudge against Ryo and Marin? What the heck do Ryo and Marin have to do with each other? Forgive me for not pouring through miles of story FAQ. And I thought Eiji was dead - have they explained that yet?

Who the heck is Momoko?

Edit: And I just realized - No Mai!

Edited by Daeval

Duck seems like an odd man out with Kim and Terry - I always thought he was a bad guy?  Another one of Kim's convicts?  hehe..

Duck King opened a bar with King. The very same bar level that is King's.

Griffon teaming up with outlaws?

Simplistically, it's just the MOTW team right now.
Why does Kasumi hold a grudge against Ryo and Marin?  What the heck do Ryo and Marin have to do with each other?  Forgive me for not pouring through miles of story FAQ.  And I thought Eiji was dead - have they explained that yet?

Eiji is very well alive, they just didn't use him, he also has a grudge on the whole Kyokugen line. Kasumi still holds a grudge against Ryo for him beating her Father (TOOODOOOO) and Marin, looks like I have to beat 2k3 again if it has any relvence. I really hope they fixed all the screwed up sprites (Marin, Gato, Terry espiecally).

Edit:

Who the heck is Momoko?

Edit: And I just realized - No Mai!

Momoko = new, or maybe from another SNK game. No one knows.

Their giving some of the vets a break from the game. If anything, most likely will be a hidden character.

Edited by K`dash