Emulation magazine

I was at Barnes and Noble tonight and found a magazine devoted to emulation, called PC Action Emulate! It's put out by the same people who write Retro Gamer magazine. With it came a cd with 16 or so emulators, from Mame32 to a wonderswan emulator. I thumbed through it, and it spoke about how to use some of the included emulators, as well as other emulation topics. The current issue is #7, so I guess it's a pretty new publication. Has anyone else come across this magazine, or any previous issues?

Man, I wish now I had picked it up last night. For some stupid reason, I didn't buy it, but I may make the trip back just to grab it. I've only found one link to a place that "might" still have a copy. I posted it below, in case anyone wants to check it out

http://www.magsnmore.com/new_magazines.htm

I don't think it'll be that popular until Ted Turner puts up that rom service so ppl can buy em

cause the only legal way to get roms atm is by dumping games with $700 equipment

I decided to go ahead and make the 40 minute trip to pick up the magazine, luckily they still had it. 12 bucks for it though, yeesh! I'm not for sure what month it was published, but it's probably a month or two old.

Checking out whats on the CD, here's a list of the emulators. Some I know have had updates since the magazine came out though.

Amiga:

Akiko

Winfellow Alpha

WinUAE

Arcade:

Callus95

Mame32 (looks to be v.84 from the picture in the mag)

Raine32

Atari ST:

Pacifist

Saint

Steem

Winston

Atari VCS:

PCAEwin

StellaX

Z26

BBC Micro:

Beebem

Electrum

Model-B

Commodore 64:

CCS64

WinVice

DOS:

DOSBox

D-Fend

SCUMMVM

Moslo

Genesis/Megadrive

Gens

Fusion

Xega

N64:

Nemu64

Project64

Sinclair Spectrum:

Emuz

Spectaculator

ZX32

SNES:

Sneese

Snes9x

ZSNES

Others:

Atari++

Project Tempest (Jaguar)

Handy (Atari Lynx)

VisualBoy Advance

Bliss(Intellivision)

Neopocott (NGPC)

RockNES

FreezeSMS

Cygne(Wonderswan)

There are also articles about Chankast being worked on for the XBox, Turbo Outrun being playable in MAME, Fruit machines and PinMAME,

and PS2 emulation. Also, there is a list of the top 100 games they say "you must play!" I'm sorry, but I don't see any reason to play Double Dragon on a Spectrum emulator, and it was ranked AHEAD of Metroid, F-Zero, DKC, and GoldenEye.

Although I really didn't need the CD, it's a nice bonus, but to see a magazine dedicated to emulation, I figure it was worth the money, even if I already knew 99% of the stuff inside it, LOL.

Edited by Z-Neo

Yeah! I read this before! It was pretty cool. I think I mentioned it here some time back but I forget. I read the issue where they choose the best emulators for each console.