Game sound skips

So I finally decided to move beyond neogeo/cps emulation and try running some games on my comp. Everything works without a hitch except the sound skips about every 3-4 seconds. I'm running an original game that I own...

Tried tinkering around with the sound options but it didn't help. A friend of mine sent it to me since since he was familiar with how it worked and guided me through it. I asked him about the sound glitch above and he said that's how its always been for him. Obviously this isn't normal.... :P

Running Windows XP SP2

Pentium (4) 3ghz

ATI Mobility Radeon x600

512mb DDR

I'd rather not resort to that...but I guess its worth a shot. It would rule out the emulator setup if I ripped it and it played fine. Anyways, I don't have Nero or Alchohol. I just use a program that came on my comp for burning. I wouldn't even know where to begin. I think there's a faq around here somewhere. :P

First of all, what game is it and what GPU/SPU plugins you use?

The game is Einhander...I've tried both my U.S. and import copy and it still skips. GPU is P.E.Op. Soft Driver 1.16. SPU is Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41. My friend walked me through configuring them so....

First of all, what game is it and what GPU/SPU plugins you use?

The game is Einhander...I've tried both my U.S. and import copy and it still skips. GPU is P.E.Op. Soft Driver 1.16. SPU is Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41. My friend walked me through configuring them so....

How large is the SPU's sound buffer's size? Note that Rendering everything in software is considerably slower than OpenGL or Direct3D. Einhänder looks better in OGL, but that's just my opinion.

Buffer size is 64...maybe I'll try OGL (OpenGL? rite). Don't need to tweak it any do I? But back to the sound issue...

Here's my configuration for Pete's OpenGL2 plugin:

Full screen resolution: 1024x768x16bits (I could use 32, but some filters bog down the fps with 32bits)

Internal X resolution: High

Internal Y resolution: Very high (defaults to High)

Texture filtering: Extended + Smoothed Sprites

Hi-Res textures: Stretched (I recommend you use None, if your comp isn't fast)

Use pixel shader for PSX texture windows: On (only use if your card supports advanced shaders.)

Off-Screen drawing: Standard

Framebuffer effects: Full

Framebuffer uploads: Standard

Screen filtering: On

Shader effects: On

MDEC filter: On

I've basically maxed out all settings to achieve a closest to the original sty PSX emulation. You might have to cut down the details. Very taxing system-wise, but I'm getting solid 60/60, so it doesn't bother.

As for the sound issue, ultimately you might want to rip the game to an image and play via Daemon Tools.

Okay...Mr. Zombie. I have Daemon tools....I've never done this before but from reading the Daemon tools faq, I'm supposed to mount an image. Put the game in the cd drive...I'm lost from there. :clapping:

You have to rip the game as an image (ISO or BIN format) from the CD. You can use Alcohol 120% for that. Daemon tools is only a virtual drive that you use to mount the images.

You have to rip the game as an image (ISO or BIN format) from the CD. You can use Alcohol 120% for that. Daemon tools is only a virtual drive that you use to mount the images.

Gosh...I'm in the 1emu chan now...why didn't Agozer mention that in the first place hahaha...Alkeehol eh? Hmm...I must get somehow. But in any case I don't need to burn it...just aquire an ISO to run from the comp.

EDIT: Bah...I give up. I'll stick to consoles when I want to play this or any non-neogeo/cps game. :clapping:

Edited by Sturmvogel