Electronic Arts 4Q Profit Plunges 91%

Electronic Arts announced fiscal fourth-quarter earnings Tuesday of $8 million, or 2 cents per share, compared with $90 million, or 29 cents per share in the same period of 2004.

For the first quarter of fiscal 2006, Electronic Arts expects to post a loss between 22 cents and 28 cents per share, compared with a profit of 8 cents per share a year ago. Revenue is expected to fall to $300 million to $340 million from $432 million. Analysts were expecting the company to post a profit of 4 cents per share for the quarter on revenue of $450.2 million.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/a...electronic_arts

"The slump was blamed on poor performance of key titles, growing competition, higher engine licensing costs, and the upcoming next-gen consoles that are apparently reducing anticipation for current gen titles." - Andy Burnes @ VE3D

:P and baseball season is in full bloom, and if I memmer correctly, they can't make anymore stupid Triple Play games since they don't have the license anymore

or do they

ah well...cause of that they're gonna keep doing down

except maybe until Football (american) season

I think what really did it was killing off Westwood and throwing out a POS game called "C&C Generals" that is nothing true to the series.

Then tack on the release of NHL 2005, when there isn't even a season this year, PLUS the game is THE worst installment in the NHL series EVER. I deleted it within 5 minutes of playing, it's SHITE! SHITE SHITE SHITE!

All that was good with EA is now dead........rot EA, ROT! :P

well..you never know

they're also doing another bond game

I believe they're doing "From Russia with Love", and they actually signed Sean Connery, and all kinds of other actors

I think EA's profits may be dropping because EVERYONE FLOCKING HATES THEM! Maybe if they weren't such ASSHOLES, and quit buying out entire franchises, they wouldn't be diving into a empty cement pond.