I tried to load Sonic CD usa version with Gens. after a few screens, there is a message with a Robotnic picture above it:

RAM cartridge is not initialized.

Use options screen to initialize

RAM cartridge.

I have the usa SegaCD bios, so I don't think it's a bios problem. I also tried it on Kega and on NeoGenesis(Gens port to the XBox), and it's the same problem.

Currect me if I'm wrong, but that option screen that the game is talking about is accessible from the SegaCD bios. So my question is:

How can I access the bios screen via the emulator?

Or how can I initialize the RAM cartridge from the emulators menu?

This error is very easy to fix, and if I remember correctly, it could be done though some of the menus in the emulator. I think RAM cartridge emulation is disabled by default and you need to enable it. Look around.

I'm glad it turned out ok. I apologize for not giving a straightforward answer since it's been a while since I've touched SegaCD emulation.

Sonic CD and Ecco are nice.

SonicCD is not as good as I thought it would be. It's slower compared to the genesis sonic games. But I will try Ecco.

True. I still ike Sonic CD, but the Genesis versions are faster... mad speed.

• 7 months later...
I have the same problem using Neogenesis on my Xbox. I've been searching for the SRAM/Ram Check option for about 10 minutes now and have come up with no luck.

Help please.

Unfortunately, I have very little information about possible X-BOX ports. Who knows, maybe the ported emulator has a completely different menu layout or then it's based on an older version.