Neo-Geo BIOS - Which is best?

Hello all,

Just wondering what people's opinion is on the best Neo-Geo BIOS to use to with MAME32 for:

* Enabling blood.

* Enabling violence.

* any other relevant settings.

i.e Euro, Japan, USA or UNIBios.

Damien.

:thumbsup1:

Universe BIOS. No need for any other BIOSes. Cheat database, easy soft reset, jukebox, cheat finder... what more could you possibly want? Razoola is God.

Universe BIOS. No need for any other BIOSes. Cheat database, easy soft reset, jukebox, cheat finder... what more could you possibly want? Razoola is God.

100% agree. Ever since I was introduced to Universe Bios I have never gone back to the regular one.

Well, the only problem with that is that the UNI-BIOS can cause bugs in some games (most are fixed now, afaik), and isn't officially supported by the MAME team.

Well, the only problem with that is that the UNI-BIOS can cause bugs in some games (most are fixed now, afaik), and isn't officially supported by the MAME team.

Its offically supported by me ;)

But I use the normal bios anyway.

Well, normally, the choice for such would be the Japanese bios. Or go with Unibios, I myself find it very very awesome.

Excellent, thank you all for you comments guys. Appreciated.

I'll use UNI Bios v2.0 then...

Last question, which region do you believe is best regarding Blood and Violence?

D

Edited by DamienD

Last question, which region do you believe is best regarding Blood and Violence?

Region don't matter if you just set the soft dips right (Violence LV3, Blood On, etc.). I don't use the US region though since it's usually censored the most... Still, you can get around the censorship pretty easily.

Great. Thank you CrashDown Champion!.

I thought US was a bit restricted sometimes. With that in mind, I think I'll use the UNI Bios with the region of Euro...

Thanks for you help all.

:P

Edited by DamienD

i suggest you still play with the settings though. some games are best played in Japanese Region. like Matrimelee for example, you get the real BGM music.

if Console mode has language settings then i would suggest using that too (so you can play in Japan Region mode with English text). i play SVCChaos in this mode (Japan Region / Console mode + English text settings).