Question regarding Decrypted romsets

I notice that for certain romsets (KoF2000, Garou, MetalSlug 3, newest sets) they require a 512kb s1 rom. My only way of decrypting roms (Kawaks) only produces a 121kb s1 (not to mention will not decrypt the latest sets). Exactly how are you guys decrypting these roms the proper way to get the correct sized S1? Also what is the best way to decrypt Matrimeleeto get the s1 that uses actual Matrimelee code? Or is their a specific romset that has this s1 in it?

Been wasting bandwidth all week trying to finalize my FBAXXX Pro set and these damn s1 roms are driving me nuts (and before someone says anything I need the decrypted sets to save space...stock Xbox Hdd)

Thanks for the help guys...I think i'll stick with trying to shrink my Mame sets properly (Matrimelee, Metal Slug 4, etc) and avoid the newer rom sets till they reach some kind of standard...think I've downloaded 3gigs of files that rom center just tells me are bad, unknown, and missing files. hard to shrink a set if you can't get a proper parent set after all. ;) i have no idea how you guys got your sets sorted once they fell off the newsgroups.

Will this program help me get the correct s1 for Matrimelee?

It should. Just save the decrypted Cs from kawaks or convert2 and then read the readme.txt that's included.

It should. Just save the decrypted Cs from kawaks or convert2 and then read the readme.txt that's included.

Yes it can, because matrim S1 is stored in C7 & C8 too... but it's a 128 K segment, the 3rd one after getting that 512 K S1 if I'm not wrong...

Btw, you 'll be able to notice a weird thing : the 4th segment is mslug4 128 K S1... Why ?

Edited by Mr.X

Check a little bit more Mr.x :P

You'll find this:

128k seg1 = kof2002 s1 rom

128k seg2 = rotd s1 rom

128k seg3 = matrimelee s1 rom

128k seg4 = some of the mslug4 s1 rom

Ok...I ran the program with the c5/c6 for Metal Slug 4 and ended up with a 512kb file called s1_out.bin (CRC 1EAA05E0)...the file I need is ms4n_s1.rom (CRC C349AD60). Obviously there's another step needed to get the rom I need out of the s1 I have now. A patch or something?

-edit also the same with SVC: Chaos Decrypted C rom set. Now have a file called S1_out.bin (CRC 6CCAD070) and need svcn_s1.rom (CRC AD184232)

Aside from that i'm slowly getting there...once I get MS4 worked out all I'll have left to decrypt is Samsho5/SP and KoF2003. Only thing holding me back on those is finding the right roms to make a complete set (damn bootlegs/old sets with the same zip set names)

Thanks for all the help so far guys.

Edited by DarkCloud12X