Some questions about Powerpoint

I'm going to do a presentation for a class using Powerpoint...it's an analysis of a movie and certain religious ideas present in it. I wanted to make it so that I can insert a clip into a slide and then click on it to show it when I presented the info. I haven't used Powerpoint in quite a while, and I as of yet don't have it so I can't try ( I will have it soon though). Anyone have any info on how to do this if possible?

Oh and I'd need some kind of user friendly editing program to section off the parts of the movie to show....thanks! :thumbsup1:

Edited by Sturmvogel

Yeah...I just need a program now to section off segments of an.avi file, ie. parts of the movie. Can I use Photoshop 7.0.1 to do this? And if so how? Thanks alot...

Edited by Sturmvogel

Yeah...I just need a program now to section off segments of an.avi file, ie. parts of the movie. Can I use Photoshop 7.0.1 to do this? And if so how? Thanks alot...

ImageReady (adobe fotoshop assist) works for me.

ImageReady (adobe fotoshop assist) works for me.

How would I go about doing that in ImageReady? If I open the file in with that, will ImageReady give me instructions...or is it something I can figure out just from messing around?