?'s

1InuYasha

I always use Nero or DVD Decrypter to burn and have never had problems with either one. Also, burn the disc slow. I always use 2X. When you have your disc, make sure to try and boot it several times before giving up. For whatever reason, I've seen people report problems with getting Slayer's to boot. I just went through this with a friend about a week ago. We were setting him up with a larger HDD and trying to use Slayer's to format the disc. We would have to try 5-8 times sometimes just to get the disc to boot. I don't know why that happens since it boots burned games just fine, but it does.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats the best dvd-rom to get for my xbox?and what version?

i'am buying it off of ebay.

i have a 1.0 xbox with a thompson dvd-rom drive an a x2 mod-chip installed.

i ask this ? cuz i think there might be dvd-rom versions out there.

my thompson stop reading my burn maxell audio cd-rw's and for it 2 work better with my original games and 4 halo2-failed 2 load map,i had to flip my xbox on its side and it worked better 4 a while then the next best method was 2 take the dvd-rom drive out and flip it on its side or upside down.it helps out alot.laughing

i'am asking this instead of posting it somewhere else or so on-

both my x2.6 banks are in use with a 1mb flash but i didn't wanted it 2 be like that cuz i didn't know what iwas doing anyway is there some way i can update my bios or do i need a programmer/

both banks are flashed.i use the resize bio thing at teamxecuter.com and made a 1mb total bio an then flashed it but what i was asking can i update my old bios or do i need 2 buy a programmer ? cuz i can't go 2 the default bios screen an flash over.

and 1 more thing-i went on teamxecuter website and read up on the bios feature an so on an notice theres things that can be enable/disable an other stuff but i don't see any of those features.

first off, theres no need for you to keep making new posts for lil changes, just update the last one you did unless someone replied.

now as for dvd-rom's, most ppl believe samsung ones are best but to me i rather have phillips as it can read more and if you use +r media, you'll want to stay away from samsung dvd-rom's.

as for the latest x2 bios, all its extra options are in a ini that you place in either E:\ or F:\ when you flash the bios. theres also tool apps that can make a ini to what you want, look at x-s for those.

also, i just wanna say that you don't have to make the bios 1mb as 512k is perfect for 1 bank and that allows you to use a different bios. i highly suggest using the latest x2 bios in bank 1 and have the latest flashbios in bank 2 since it flashes to bank one only and it comes in handy incase anything goes wrong so you won't need a programmer.

both my x2.6 banks are in use with a 1mb flash but i didn't wanted it 2 be like that cuz i didn't know what iwas doing anyway is there some way i can update my bios or do i need a programmer/

I'm pretty sure the tut I linked to you in another thread awhile back said to flash the flashbios in bank 1 and the hacked bios in bank 2. but I guess you didn't bother to read it. GG :huh:

doing these mods can be difficult and break your box. just ask some of the people here with broken xboxs. you really need to read up on stuff and be sure you understand it BEFORE doing anything to your box. hell I knew exactly how to install, flash, install a bigger hdd, and dashboard before I even had the xbox and chip. but I'll get off my soapbox now........

if you are running evolutionX as a dash then you can flash from there. but you need the bios on the harddrive first. there is a tut on x-s. I suggest you read it.

more info given 2 solve my ?.

i'am thinking hdd would be the hard drive wich has my save games an everything else,so if i'am running evolutionx as a dash i can access my E:\ or F:\ on the hdd?

and 4 the bios-if i download the bios it comes with the ini,and i'am surpose 2 open it up and ajust the settings right.

(enable/disable)

and if i 'am running evolutionx as my dash i can reflash my chip with the latest updated bios.cuz its flashed on both banks with 1mb bios wich is old.

HDD = Hard Drive Disk and yes if you run evox you can access the the hdd by ftp.

you can edit the bios ini yourself but i highly suggest getting x2ool to make/edit the ini since you're new to this.

now as for flashing the modchip, i suggest getting FlashX_v1.2-XECUTER app as it can flash the bios in whatever bank you choose.

so with using that app i suggest the following: get flashbios and make it 512k and if you haven't gotten it yet, get the latest x2 bios which is currently at 5032 and its already 512k.

now using the FlashX_v1.2-XECUTER app, flash flashbios 512k to bank 2 and flash x2 5032 to bank 1(the app will show you banks 1 2 3 4 but in your case 1+2 = bank 1 and 3+4 = bank 2).

thanks on the evox info.

i know about the flashing part.

but i was saying that i flashed both my banks with a old xecuter bios and its working, but i was wondering if i need a programmer 2 flash it back to it's default bios then update it with the newest xecuter bios?

i want new bios- right now i have old bios version.