FFVII: Advent Children

Mag

Spirits Within wasn't linear following the FF concept. Heck even though it is a movie, at least don't feck up the theme here =/ damn movie made it sound like starship trooper or something else outta space. Heck I enjoy Alien more than this  :thumbsup1:

Since when did FF had a concept at all? Every single one of them was "Save the World." What more concept is that. Thats everything a Final Fantasy is.

I meant the style, characters, the plot, the settings. Pretty much everything is set nicely on land, but this outter space thing is just out of the question.

well they did go to the moon in FF4... man the enemies up there were so flocked up...

not to mention they drove a giant whale to get there *cough*

Edited by Rag

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spirits Within wasn't linear following the FF concept. Heck even though it is a movie, at least don't feck up the theme here =/ damn movie made it sound like starship trooper or something else outta space. Heck I enjoy Alien more than this  :(

Since when did FF had a concept at all? Every single one of them was "Save the World." What more concept is that. Thats everything a Final Fantasy is.

I meant the style, characters, the plot, the settings. Pretty much everything is set nicely on land, but this outter space thing is just out of the question.

Play FF1, FF6, then FF10 in succession and tell me you really think there's a universal style to the series. :P

Seriously, I know what you mean, but I think one of the cool things about FF is that its storytelling themes work outside of a single physical setting. The storyline in Spirits was not that much different from any of the games (just condensed into roughly 2 hours), but it took it one step further away from a generic "fantasy" setting - even further than 6 and 7's almost steam-punk-ish techno-magic style.