Police Handcuffed 5-Year-Old Girl

Alpha

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do you dig this stuff up GC? Do you have bots sniffing Google every 5 seconds to find these messed up depictions of life?

Unfortunately, this is the kind of BS that gets reported on in the news here in good ol' America. This one was all over the idiot-box today.

I'm not sure if it's just that this kind of thing happens in America, or that our media loves to report any one-sided, poorly presented "story" that will illicit a knee-jerk reaction from the public.

Yep, it was one of the main stories on the news yesterday. Might have been either a slow news day, or like you said, Daeval, a story brought to the forefront to gain the reaction that I am sure it did. At least the officers didn't offer to shoot the girl.

God, Bless, America.

I persume.

I blame that kind of behavior on the new age "dr spock" style parenting. her parent prolly just let her run amok at home with no discipline. we should be thanking the cops for teaching her and her classmates a valuable lesson. actions have consequences. assault someone and you go to jail. simple as that. and in reality the cops did the right thing by restraining her. cuffs don't cause damage or hurt. but to leave her unrestrained could lead to her hurting someone or herself. I heard someone on the news say the cops should have just grabbed her and dragged her out of the room. but if they did that I bet teh girl would have wiggled her way out of thier grip, possibly falling to the ground, getting hurt. so much can happen, even a five year old girl can cause injury to others.

to the person who said this was racially motivated. I don't think so why do you say that? cuz the officers where white?

i said that because i have never seen any white kids get cuffed and there have be kids of this age do worse crap. but it doesnt matter what race the kid or cops were handcuffs should be saved till they are at least 10 or something, by then the kids can do some real damage.

I blame that kind of behavior on the new age "dr spock" style parenting. her parent prolly just let her run amok at home with no discipline. we should be thanking the cops for teaching her and her classmates a valuable lesson. actions have consequences. assault someone and you go to jail. simple as that. and in reality the cops did the right thing by restraining her. cuffs don't cause damage or hurt. but to leave her unrestrained could lead to her hurting someone or herself. I heard someone on the news say the cops should have just grabbed her and dragged her out of the room. but if they did that I bet teh girl would have wiggled her way out of thier grip, possibly falling to the ground, getting hurt. so much can happen, even a five year old girl can cause injury to others.

Agreed. Handcuffing sounds harsh (knee-jerk America, let's do it!) but trying to restrain her by hand is more dangerous to both her AND the officers involved. A vice-grip on her wrist or arm will leave one hell of a mark, or a mean burn if she squirms, and there's the possibility of breaking or dislocating a bone if something goes awry in the struggle. Handcuffing keeps her restrained, keeps others from getting hurt, and let's the officers do their job without it looking like a prolonged assault.

i said that because i have never seen any white kids get cuffed and there have be kids of this age do worse crap.

Until you see white kids do worse stuff, and these same three police officers get called in about it, you can't judge this case based on those. It has to be taken at face value.

I think the 5yo needs to be put in her place. A 5yo has little or no mental capacity whatsoever, and this one leans towards the latter. She got what was coming to her.

On a side note, how the hell did this make the news? Cops I can understand, but the news? I'm sick of seeing crap like this on the news rather than something that might be important. But then you can't really expect Americans to put important issues on the news.

yeah that kid was unruly and i blame that on bad parenting. but that whole situation was racially motivated. i mean the girl was 5, those cops didnt look that weak.

Good god, just because she was black doesn't mean the officers were racist. People say crap like that all the time, when it's almost never true. The fact is, we haven't seen many cases like this at all.

I think the girl deserved the cuffs. She learned that if she acts like that again, she will be punished. It's not like she was hurt or anything.