Xbox 360

Make of it what you will, but be clear we know Microsoft has clearly slanted this info,

Does that mean they tinkered with some of the info (microsoft not IGN)

It means they presented it in a deceptive way to make their system come out on top as much as possible. The statistics they gave for their own system might be true, but they did a lot of guesswork on the PS3, and obviously they're going to "guess" in their own favor. They might also have left things out of the comparison that would drastically change the results, etc, etc, etc. In other words, they did not tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Whenever you see one of these comparisons released by ANY of the people involved in the comparison, just gobble down the whole damn salt shaker before you read. 99.9999% of the time they fudged to make the "home system" look like it's years ahead of the competition - whether it's true or not. For all intents and purposes, these are cleverly crafted deceptions created by somebody's marketting department - in other words, they're about as meaningful as a poster of some happily smiling model, who's probably never played a game in her life, posing with a controller over a hype slogan.

You want real info? Wait until truly independent (IE, not being funded in any way by either company) third parties, with the equipment and know-how to scientifically test things, get ahold of both companies' release-spec machines.

even if ms made it look like it in there favor atleast its not as bad as sony chart... making it out to be way way more stronger :huh: Ms gives u something thats atleast sorta believeable. The only game that looked that great on the ps3 was killzone 2 and everyone knows thats fake as hell and no way the makers of killzone 1 could pull that off.

sony is hype hype hype and all the fanboys are eating it right up.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're both hype hype hype and only fanboys eat up whatever is dished out by either company.

Honestly, I really really doubt there will be a huge difference in graphical capabilities when the systems come out. Certainly nothing like the difference between XBOX and PS2.

even if ms made it look like it in there favor atleast its not as bad as sony chart... making it out to be way way more stronger  :huh: Ms gives u something thats atleast sorta believeable. The only game that looked that great on the ps3 was killzone 2 and everyone knows thats fake as hell and no way the makers of killzone 1 could pull that off.

See what Gryph said.

Whether they give you one chart that's obviously misleading, or a series of charts that are carefully crafted to be misleading, they're still misleading you. Neither company is acting with any more dignity than the other with these comparisons, and neither fan is acting with any more scruples than another to accept either of these comparisons.

even if ms made it look like it in there favor atleast its not as bad as sony chart... making it out to be way way more stronger  :huh: Ms gives u something thats atleast sorta believeable. The only game that looked that great on the ps3 was killzone 2 and everyone knows thats fake as hell and no way the makers of killzone 1 could pull that off.

See what Gryph said.

Whether they give you one chart that's obviously misleading, or a series of charts that are carefully crafted to be misleading, they're still misleading you. Neither company is acting with any more dignity than the other with these comparisons, and neither fan is acting with any more scruples than another to accept either of these comparisons.

So the only way to find out the true power of this systems is to wait for them to come out and view the video games on it?

Those chains on his body look so fake dude, they look like there part of the skin instead of dangeling off any part of his body.

Yea I know.. well that's what we gonna get from the X360 :huh:

jk I'm not a Sony fanboy.. but I do own a PS... and a Mega-Drive II.. :D

Anyway as I posted before this one is better looking :(

http://img138.echo.cx/img138/2408/gearsofwar27jp.jpg

even if ms made it look like it in there favor atleast its not as bad as sony chart... making it out to be way way more stronger  <_< Ms gives u something thats atleast sorta believeable. The only game that looked that great on the ps3 was killzone 2 and everyone knows thats fake as hell and no way the makers of killzone 1 could pull that off.

See what Gryph said.

So the only way to find out the true power of this systems is to wait for them to come out and view the video games on it?

Or to see scientific tests from a knowledgable, independent third party who actually has both production-spec systems in-hand. I'd say that would be an even better indicator of "power" than just looking at the games, because then you'd have to worry about how well the game developers took advantage of the system with that title, etc.

Now ask me if I think "power" or "good games" are more important. :P

Now ask me if I think "power" or "good games" are more important.  <_>

I was tempted for a moment, seeing as "power" seems to be the factor that everybody's talking about, instead of the games. Who cares which system is more powerful specs-wise?