Xbox 360

why choose only top selling games to playback? it doesnt make sense. i mean, i do understand what they mean, but if ur gonna do playback, might as well go all out. its a win/win situation. its like already goin the extra mile, and to allow playback for all games is the extra 100 yards for the touchdown =)

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why choose only top selling games to playback? it doesnt make sense. i mean, i do understand what they mean, but if ur gonna do playback, might as well go all out. its a win/win situation. its like already goin the extra mile, and to allow playback for all games is the extra 100 yards for the touchdown =)

Prolly so they can force you into buying an X-Box, thus bringing in more profits for Microsoft.

Edited by Dooz

Prolly so they can force you into buying an X-Box, thus bringing in more profits for Microsoft.

maybe. with whatever is left i suppose since they stopped shippin nvidia chips to xbox manufacturers. how much can that bring? not much compared to playing back the entire xbox library.

XBOX 360 Backwards compatibility explained:

The problem, it says, is down to hardware incompatibility - since the current Xbox uses an Intel processor, but the 360 will use IBM's PowerPC architecture, while NVIDIA's graphics solution is being replaced with an ATI one.

As many commentators have pointed out over the last few months, this means backwards compatibility problems. The solution Microsoft has reached is apparently to recompiled current-gen Xbox games so that they can be played on the 360. First on the list, it says, are the best-selling Halo titles.

The news has raised more questions than it answers, however, as it suggests that gamers may need to purchase titles they already own in order to play them on an Xbox 360 - and almost certainly means that only a sub-set of Xbox games will ever be playable on the new console.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/news.php?aid=8996

I wonder if they'll actually make you pay full price, especially if you have the original copy of the game.

Hey, Microsoft were the ones that said it'll be backwards compatible with the top titles and that they are going to have to recompile the games to run on the new console. So it seems Microsoft is the one who is being sketchy about this and posing porting as backwards compatibility. That's what it seems like, don't you agree?

this is how i see it.. they say BC. That means ur gona be able to play the top titles on the xbox 360 from the orginal disk without buying anything more. Like i mentioned before what most likely is the deal ur gona put the disk in and xbox live (the free one) will see the title and will download a new version of the xbe to the hd (which shouldnt be anymore then 10 mb) and then the game will play just like on the orginal xbox. See that makes since.. u will be able to play them for free without buying anything extra. Yes they may need to recompile a new xbe but the idea of making them pay for it? nah thats insane they would in no way shape or form call that BC.