New Version of DSemu (1st Release)

Normmatt

i almost had metroid prime first hunt demo running the frames goes to 22-8
I got an email about this. Apparently, the ROM can be loaded. It doesn't give any output, it doesn't respond to input. But it doesn't crash.

All that means is, it's stuck in a loop somewhere very early on.

Only takes a matter of moments to test it...

Firstly it says New DS ROM loaded, and the screen is full of coloured dots. Then, the screen clears, and the frame counter runs. After a short while, the emu crashes. It's been like that since version 3a. Mario does the same things, just a lot faster. I would not be saying that Metroid "runs" at all.

Still, it's better than the earlier versions which crashed immediately.

Thier is gonna be a new release soon it will fix the keyconfig when saving it used to save the x.y keys as the start and select keys but now its fixed im working on fixing up the disasm stuff as Two9A said he hadnt looked at it in awhile so it maybe missing some opcodes which might help in working out why most demos dont run

Hi everybody, new guy here :punk:

I tested the DSemu with the Metroid Demo as sonicjam did, it crashes after a couple of seconds everytime. Framerate is on my computer around 18-20. (I have a 2.4 p4, geforce fx5200 (dont know if it uses the gpu, but i mention it anyway). I dont however get any colored dots or anything on the screen like robbbert metioned. just black all the time.

From the looks of things, this emu is getting really close to running actual games. :punk:

Super Mario DS doesnt really crash on my computer, right after its loaded, the emulator just freezes (and stays like this until i force it to shut down), but i dont get a crash message like i did with the Metroid Prime demo.