EB Games and GameStop To Merge!

Prican25

I wonder what's going to happen to malls that have both EB and Gamestop. I'm sure one of them will have to close and I doubt those jobs will move over to GS. An EB opened up near by and I wanted to apply for a summer job there but now I might not.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

gotta hand it to barnes and noble for this deal (they own gamestop, funcoland, software etc., and babages) but i just hope for once they'll just stick to one name as i find it stupid they kept the others when they just wanted everything to be gamestop yet their receipts in funcoland and such says gamestop on it and the bags to go along with it.

Wasn't aware that B&N owned Gamestop. Maybe they should think about using one corner of their stores for games and such. They already have their little coffee shop/snackbars and an audio section in them, why not throw in a games section?

Wasn't aware that B&N owned Gamestop. Maybe they should think about using one corner of their stores for games and such. They already have their little coffee shop/snackbars and an audio section in them, why not throw in a games section?

would you want all kinds of kids around you while you're trying to read in peace?

GS sucks i like gamecrazy.....except sometimes there are certain games that cost $5 bucks more.......*cough* Minish cap*cough*

I like GameCrazy, because after I lost my copy of Suikoden 2, I thought I'd never find another copy for cheap. Then about half a year later, my brother, who works at a Hollywood Video that was connected to GameCrazy, managed to find another copy for $20. He even managed to get a discount, becuase he was technically working there.

I'm not bothered with the merge. Like some above poster said, they're the same anyway. I never found a better deal at one than I did at the other. And with the Mall of America nearby (which used to have two of each store, now it only has one Gamestop) it wasn't hard to look.

GS sucks i like gamecrazy.....except sometimes there are certain games that cost $5 bucks more.......*cough* Minish cap*cough*

I like GameCrazy, because after I lost my copy of Suikoden 2, I thought I'd never find another copy for cheap. Then about half a year later, my brother, who works at a Hollywood Video that was connected to GameCrazy, managed to find another copy for $20. He even managed to get a discount, becuase he was technically working there.

I used to work at a GameCrazy, and Hollywood Video employees get discounts their too (and GC employees get free rentals and pre-streaks like HV employees). As far as the game-specific retail stores go, they're a halfway decent store. Their used games have a tendency to be cheaper, and they usually give more for trade ins.

However, their membership card blows chunks compared to GameStop's. It's the same, but costs twice as much and you don't get the Game Informer subscription (one of the few decent mags).

Also, Game Crazy has a really low priority for pre-orders, so if you're hoping to get a huge title (like halo 2 huge) on launch date, pre-order through someone else. I've heard this is because they order under the Hollywood Video moniker, so the big distributors don't consider them specialty retail.