Quake 4

Rag

When I was looking for screens of the game, that's the only one I could find too, so I didn't want to bother posting just one pic. It does look nice, tho.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want Xbox Next (360 is a weird name), wasn't quake 3 the game that started a widespread of online FPS players?

I think Action Quake 2 was. At least over here.

wasn't quake 3 the game that started a widespread of online FPS players?

In short, no. Quake 3 was made in response to (in order to capitalize on) widespread online gaming. QuakeWorld, a special internet optimized version of Quake 1, was the game that spawned GameSpy (Then called QSpy). Mods for Quake 1, most notably threewave CTF and the original TeamFortress, got pretty big online and the community was that much larger. The rest is history.

Edited by Daeval

wasn't quake 3 the game that started a widespread of online FPS players?

In short, no. Quake 3 was made in response to (in order to capitalize on) widespread online gaming. QuakeWorld, a special internet optimized version of Quake 1, was the game that spawned GameSpy (Then called QSpy). Mods for Quake 1, most notably threewave CTF and the original TeamFortress, got pretty big online and the community was that much larger. The rest is history.

At the time, Q1 did have an amazing community, then with the release of Quake II, more and more (some of the best of their time) mods started appearing into the light. It was in 2000 when Half-Life took Quake 2's "Best engine to mod on" with the advent of Counter-Strike Retail and Day of Defeat beta. But Quake 2 revolutionized the modding community because we all know, the single player sucked.

I never really liked quake. at the time my pc was crap so it sucked.

so I never really got into it. by the time I had a decent pc I was playing UT and not looking back.

Edited by garageink