Internet Problems

bubbawmu2

well i tried the proxy and aim didnt work, i reinstalled the update of aim... that didnt work,

the only thing i noticed is under the proxy setting, advanced, there are curtain times or things you can use a proxy for....could i select one of those...if so, which one

Edited by bubbawmu2

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i know people in this dorm use aim, so it must be the computer... these problems started when service pack 2 was put on it but only today did aim stop working.....

soon im going to get upset and put windows 2000 pro on it and leave it alone.. i never had problems like this with that..

Edited by bubbawmu2

That is weird, surprisngly no one on the boared (considering the huge amount of brains here) has a answer, even I don't and I've been through this, I always reformat when I get some weird problem like this

yep, most likely it will come to that... damm!t to hell

also, thanks Drake i learned more about proxys even if we didnt fix the problem

and gc, thanks for the help with the run active content.. that was annoying...

well if anyone has any different ideas, let me know i will check in the morning

You may even want to try multiple spyware programs...I have 3 on my computer, along with AOL's spyzapper, and I ran them all in succession one day when I was experiencing problems even connecting with AOL, and each one picked up different items that the others had missed.

I had major connection problems when i got this new comp of mine and it had integrated Ethernet ports. The thing would connect to the internet and all other services, but as soon as something was sownloading, the speeds dropped to like 0.5kB/s.

Strangely enough, the problem fixed itself.