Xbox 360 to have 512mb Mem

Madi

Whatever XNA is.....I'm not on the "up and up" when it comes to everything related to the new Xbox. I just like playing my games :P

The problem doesn't lie in the power needed either, a slower PPC cpu still has more "horsepower" than even the faster (If you think Mhz/Ghz really means everything) 64bit x86 CPUs. It's just a translation issue, RISC vs CISC, you name it......too much BS if I was a PC developer, to bother porting my crap over to PPC from x86. Not to mention, do most of these companies even have people with the skills/talent/experience required to do so? I betcha 90% don't.

Whatever XNA is.....I'm not on the "up and up" when it comes to everything related to the new Xbox. I just like playing my games :P

The problem doesn't lie in the power needed either, a slower PPC cpu still has more "horsepower" than even the faster (If you think Mhz/Ghz really means everything) 64bit x86 CPUs. It's just a translation issue, RISC vs CISC, you name it......too much BS if I was a PC developer, to bother porting my crap over to PPC from x86. Not to mention, do most of these companies even have people with the skills/talent/experience required to do so? I betcha 90% don't.

XNA is like a Visual Studio for game developers. I don't really know all the details but it's supposedly a full package that should cut down on development time and ease porting.

But yeah, porting between systems (not only PC to XBOX2) will be pretty difficult. It'll be interesting to see how they do it.