Xbox 360 to have 512mb Mem

Madi

The Xenon retail console will include 512 MB of UMA system memory. This is eight times the amount of memory that was available in the Xbox. The Xenon system software will still reserve six percent (32 MB) of total memory for system components, such as the visible features of the Xenon HUD, as well as the non-visible background system tasks.

w00t ! :P should help emulation......if they ever find out how to hack the 360 >_<

That'd be nice. That'll be a great improvement in games since one of the biggest limiting factors has been memory.

I wonder how much profit (or loss) MS is going to make on each of these systems...

EDIT: And you should really link to your source everytime you post news like this.

http://www.xbox-scene.com/index.php?newsvi...FuElkZEHGBSxpAf

Yeah...XBOX 360 is a terrible name. And from the description of the design, I don't know if I like it. One bad thing is that it's going to be white! My Dreamcast is dirty as flock, if it were another color it would hide it well. :P

But that 512 mb RAM news is coming from TeamXecuter. I don't know if I trust that completely, why would MSFT help them out? Aren't they synonymous with XBOX hacks? Someone correct me here if I'm wrong.

This is good news, im kinda pissed off about the control's tho, I hope that the colors aren't the only thing that are prototypes, EGM had rumers that the controls should be more similier to PS2 then DC this time

Yeah...XBOX 360 is a terrible name. And from the description of the design, I don't know if I like it. One bad thing is that it's going to be white! My Dreamcast is dirty as flock, if it were another color it would hide it well. :P

But that 512 mb RAM news is coming from TeamXecuter. I don't know if I trust that completely, why would MSFT help them out? Aren't they synonymous with XBOX hacks? Someone correct me here if I'm wrong.

At least the initial system colour isn't purple. Man nintendo are hippie freaks.

With the latest specs, and with that much memory, is there any reason why Xbox 360 wouldn't be able to do 99% exactness of any PC game ported over? And I bet MS takes a decent size loss per console sold, at least for the first year or so, then they'll probably find some cheaper parts.

With the latest specs, and with that much memory, is there any reason why Xbox 360 wouldn't be able to do 99% exactness of any PC game ported over? And I bet MS takes a decent size loss per console sold, at least for the first year or so, then they'll probably find some cheaper parts.

PC, as in x86? Failing to remember that this system is to be running PowerPC CPU(s)?

Little bit of a thing called "Incompatibility" there. Unless you see the "PC" game on a Mac too, or theres explicitly a port from the get-go, don't expect to see many ports to this system from PC further along the lines after the PC version comes out.