xbox emulator

1InuYasha

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK... you may not be messed up at all. It sounds like you don't have a dashboard installed. The BIOS you used looks for dashboards in this order:

1. avalaunch.xbe

2. evoxdash.xbe

3. mxmdash.xbe

4. nexgen.xbe

5. xboxdash.xbe

#5 is the standard XBox dash and if it doesn't find any of the first 4 on the C: partition then it boots the standard XBox dash.

What you need to do now is burn a dashboard to a CDRW. Then you can put the disc in the XBox and it should boot that. Once you have the dashboard up and running then you can FTP into your XBox and install a dashboard.

just so you know, the only difference you'll see if no disc is in the xbox and you see the blob to the big X, you'll notice it says "xecuter" on the bottom of the big X instead of "microsoft" :P

and yes you can play backups without needing a dash as the bios you flashed allows it :D

yeah you can play backups and emus on disc through the ms dash. but you need evox or something to really get the full use out of your xbox, (to put stuff on the harddrive, ftp, stuff like that)

I always make a 1mb bios by using the flashbios in bank 1x2 and the 49XX bios in bank 2x2 that way I can get back to the flashbios easy if I want to update my bios.

see thats the thing right there that had me thinking i flash bad bios because it still says microsoft at the bottom of the X logo.i switch an checked it out on 2 different banks.

i saw the xecuter website an i see how it should look but its still microsoft.

if u can't help me on this part then i will order a programmer,but at least i know how 2 go about flashing so thanks 2 all of u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by 1InuYasha

see thats the thing right there that had me thinking i flash bad bios because it still says microsoft at the bottom of the X logo.i switch an checked it out on 2 different banks.

I find it odd that your XBox still boots with the chip on even though your flash is bad. I don't think it should be able to do that.

well if its odd then i will see if i can get something 2 play on it.i know its booting the originals.

do anybody else know about this or that is in the same situation?

and is there any quick way i could see if its playing burn things?

i tried burning a mp3 disc an still didnt work or maybe i burned it wrong. sorry 2 keep working on this topic but i'am pretty straight with everything else.

Edited by 1InuYasha

like thraxen I don't think it would boot after a bad flash unless the chip was disabled. It's turned on right?

I *think* unmodded xboxs can play mp3 discs so I dunno if that is a good test. put together an emulation disc or a bootable evolutionx disc and see it that works. if it does then you are set. make sure you use the right kind of media for your xbox.