xbox emulator

1InuYasha

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my solderless executer 2.6 ce is installed and i run it thru the website's step and everything is working like said.

now i have the chip what 2 do?it came with bank 1-3.0.1 bios switch an a bank 2-3.0.3 bios switch is there anything else that i have 2 do-in order 2 start playing emulators on my xbox.

you can make an xbox iso with craxtion. then burn that to disc.

from what i'm reading, you haven't even flashed the modchip yet as what you posted whats on banks are flashbios versions (3.0.1 and 3.0.3). you need to flash it with the latest x2 bios if your xbox is a v1.0-1.5; for 1.6, you'll need either evo m8plus16 or the hacked x3 bios.

need help on flashing the mod, got to www.teamxecuter.com and on the right side of their webpage theres a hotlink to flashbios tutorial.

my solderless executer 2.6 ce is installed and i run it thru the website's step and everything is working like said.

now i have the chip what 2 do?it came with bank 1-3.0.1 bios switch an a          bank 2-3.0.3 bios switch is there anything else that i have 2 do-in order 2 start playing emulators on my xbox.

welcome-

ok! i read some no most of the tut and it was helpful but some i still highly don't get so think 4 a second an say u think someone whoes a major noob what know this.but i'am in the middle stage of NooB-Hood

xecuter 2.6ce solderless with adapter

heres what i'am asking-

1.when i flash the bios and it turns off by itself an when i turn it on what should i exspect 2 c ?

2.lets say i flash the bios,when the chip is enable all i see is the xecuter stuff so how does it load your disk ?

3.do i need a dashboard install in order 2 read burn disk like emulators,games,applications etc.

are you still seeing the xecuter flash bios screen when you turn it on? link me to the tut you used.

I just installed and flashed an xecuter 2.6 ce like 5 minutes ago. I used the http flash and it wqas the easyest flash I ever did. I have flashed with cd-rw and flashers too.

understand that flashbios will only flash bank 1 unless you use a 1mb bios which isn't needed.

just get the latest x2 bios if you got a 1.0-1.5 or evo m8plus16 for 1.6 and make them from 256kb to 512kb (very importtant) and then flash it.

if its a 1.6 xbox, i highly suggest making the evo m8plus16 to 1mb as it has known probs from being on bank 1 and using a 1mb bios covers both banks for no problems.

also if you're able to get it, theres a hacked x3 bios that works fine for 1.0-1.6.

i use x2_4983.06_256k.bin (a founded bios) an combined it to 1mb with xecuter.com bios manager.

now i flash it at bank one- http and it restarted just the same MS and also i restarted it at bank 2 it still loaded up in the MS screen not the flash bios screen

i think the bios i downloaded was tampered with.

OK... if you made a 1 MB BIOS then you couldn't have flashed just bank 1. The X2 chips have 2 banks. Each bank is 512KB, but they can be flashed in 256 KB chunks. A 1 MB BIOS would take up both Bank 1 and Bank 2.

Now, is this a fairly new XBox? If so, then you should have listened to what PRican said since the BIOS you used does not work with v1.6 XBox's.

So when you say the "MS screen", do you mean the XBox now freezes at the XBox Logo screen on both banks? If so then you may be in trouble. The only ways to fix that problem are to buy a new chip, buy or find someone with the programmer that allows you to attach the chip to your PC and flash it, or perform what is called a hot swap.

In the case of a hot swap you need to find a friend with an X2 chip, open his/her XBox up, boot the XBox up, take their chip out while the XBox is on, turn the flash protection switch off, put your chip in and proceed to flash it. I've done this before when I had a bad flash and it works, but can be a bit tedious and nerve racking since you run the risk of ending up with two dead chips.

BTW, Team Xecuter just released a new Beta X2 BIOS today that supports a v1.6 XBox's.

Edited by Thraxen