FMV in epsxe

Sultan

I noticed that in both LUNAR and Xenogears, the fmv sequences are out of sync. While it doesn’t really affect gameplay, it is kind of annoying. Does anyone know if there’s a way to fix it? I would guess its something to do with CD reading but don’t know what exactly.

Yes.  I assumed it would be better that way as there might be read delays with the original.  I’m using latest Daemon tools.  Is there maybe some emulation option on DT I need set?

No, and such options would not affect FMV playback even if such options did exist. Is the emulator running 60/60 fps or does it lag?

I've noticed the same issue with a couple other games myself, been awhile since I even ran ePSXe, so I can't remember what games they were.

On the note of FMVs, is it just me or does it appear they get "stretched" to the same resolution as the game itself is (Say you're running at 1024x768?), and they look like SHAT compared to on an original PSX?

I think video plugins should be written to be able to tell the difference and not stretch FMVs if this is the case, if it's not, maybe I need to get my eyes checked. <_>

I don't really notice stretching in FMVs, even if such a thing happens. Furthermore, forcing the PSX aspect ration in the GPU plugin options causes undesirable effects in some games (Valkyrie Profile being one of the most notorious games in this regard).