Next Xbox to be shown on MTV.

Some more XBOX 2 news.

" The research firm, which rates Microsoft at "outperform," expects Xbox 2 to be available for retail sale in October or November at a retail price of about $249 to $299. Goldman said the Xbox console would cater to the lower-end of the consumer segment. The firm expects Microsoft to ship about 3 million units of the Xbox 2 worldwide in the December quarter.

http://www.forbes.com/markets/2005/04/12/0...yahoo&referrer=

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some more XBOX 2 news.

" The research firm, which rates Microsoft at "outperform," expects Xbox 2 to be available for retail sale in October or November at a retail price of about $249 to $299. Goldman said the Xbox console would cater to the lower-end of the consumer segment. The firm expects Microsoft to ship about 3 million units of the Xbox 2 worldwide in the December quarter.

http://www.forbes.com/markets/2005/04/12/0...yahoo&referrer=

I wonder if that $250 system is the barebones console version... hmm..

lol i doubt it will be 250. But im sure it will be cheaper then the ps3 and all its cell hype.

Meh, I dunno how true that is. I think there were casual gamers prior to the PS1, but the size of the gaming population as a whole increased so dramatically in that era that the number of casual gamers was suddenly significant. No one's really going to have facts on this matter though, so I guess your theory is as good as mine. tongue.gif

back before ps1 to most people the idea of video games was to expensive and too geeky. Soon as the ps1 comes out everyone on the block has a ps1 and no one really cares about the game play they just want cool cut scenes like in final fantasy 7... blah i miss the old days <_<. Then things got even worse mario was no longer cool since he wasnt a badass or mature. Thanks sony thanks alot.

Edited by Bluestinger X

like i said in an earlier post i know im gonna end up with both of these systems. but sony has something up their sleeves, they are not gonna let the bill box punk them out like this. its gonna be one long media rape by both companies till E3.

That better be in Canadian dollars...or else!

Hahahaha...No.

Dear God, that's freaking expensive!

That's like 1000 bucks in canadian funds. I wonder what the price for games will be...probably at least 60 dollars (canadian!) per title.

650/700 Canadian dollars to be exact. After warrenties (who needs em) and games roughly a thousand bucks.

lol i doubt it will be 250. But im sure it will be cheaper then the ps3 and all its cell hype.

Remember, Sony can make its own parts. This is still up in the air.

Meh, I dunno how true that is. I think there were casual gamers prior to the PS1, but the size of the gaming population as a whole increased so dramatically in that era that the number of casual gamers was suddenly significant. No one's really going to have facts on this matter though, so I guess your theory is as good as mine. tongue.gif

back before ps1 to most people the idea of video games was to expensive and too geeky. Soon as the ps1 comes out everyone on the block has a ps1 and no one really cares about the game play they just want cool cut scenes like in final fantasy 7... blah i miss the old days :P. Then things got even worse mario was no longer cool since he wasnt a badass or mature. Thanks sony thanks alot.

We have different definitions of "casual gamer." :) I wouldn't call anyone willing to play through FF7 a "casual gamer." I was referring more to the people who would come into my store and talk only about playing Halo with their drinking buddies, or reminisce about the 2 games they had on their nintendo.

Edited by Daeval