Next Xbox to be shown on MTV.

eh, I'm not so excited bout the next xbox. im more lookin forward to the ps3. but in regards to MTV, this would really help MS for its launch. Unless they are goin to launch b4 ps3 does, then theyll be okay (sega dreamcast and its whole 9/9/99 release date matching with its huge award show) Dreamcast was everywhere on MTV. commercials, shows, MTV CRIBS, everyone had one in that show. so xbox is surly gonna get a lot of publicity.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eh, I'm not so excited bout the next xbox. im more lookin forward to the ps3. but in regards to MTV, this would really help MS for its launch. Unless they are goin to launch b4 ps3 does, then theyll be okay (sega dreamcast and its whole 9/9/99 release date matching with its huge award show) Dreamcast was everywhere on MTV. commercials, shows, MTV CRIBS, everyone had one in that show. so xbox is surly gonna get a lot of publicity.

Unless Sony goes on the attack just as the system is released like what they did with the Dreamcast.

Unless Sony goes on the attack just as the system is released like what they did with the Dreamcast.

hehe of course. but considering this is the BILL-box, it has more chance of survival than our beloved Sega Dreamcast. Goin to MTV is just gonna help its launch for a little while. after that, its all one on one with Sony. And maybe its just me, but Sony is intriguing me with its Cell processor. this is gonan be one hell of a show when these two machines are released.

this is great!

that means Puff Daddy will be in the mix to say

"it's good to play together!" <_<

i think i'll be partying or on a shoot when this BS will be on MTV :angry:

Like i said before this is just MS trying to get ahold of the casual gamers.. Which is something sony has been whoring since the ps1.

Actually, of the two systems, it's the XBox that has the bigger casual-gamer appeal. That was MS's target audience since day 1 with the "play together" campaign and those crappy stock photos of college age jocks and clean-cut frat-preps all over their ads. Considering their approach, this MTV spot will probably hit their target pretty well.

And K', what makes you think the Cell won't perform reasonably? I'm not saying the hype isn't ridiculous, I'm just curious if there has been any real data released.

Edited by Daeval

The data released on the Cell leans more towards it being a beast. Also, IBM and Toshiba are involved and IBM is one of the only companies with the techinical expertise, scientists, and fabrication plants to actually make the Cell. However, Sony is involved so I think of Emotion Engine.

Like i said before this is just MS trying to get ahold of the casual gamers.. Which is something sony has been whoring since the ps1.

Actually, of the two systems, it's the XBox that has the bigger casual-gamer appeal. That was MS's target audience since day 1 with the "play together" campaign and those crappy stock photos of college age jocks and clean-cut frat-preps all over their ads. Considering their approach, this MTV spot will probably hit their target pretty well.

And K', what makes you think the Cell won't perform reasonably? I'm not saying the hype isn't ridiculous, I'm just curious if there has been any real data released.

yes but before the ps1 there was almost no such thing as a "casual gamer" so you can only really blame sony for the trend.

yes but before the ps1 there was almost no such thing as a "casual gamer" so you can only really blame sony for the trend.

Meh, I dunno how true that is. I think there were casual gamers prior to the PS1, but the size of the gaming population as a whole increased so dramatically in that era that the number of casual gamers was suddenly significant. No one's really going to have facts on this matter though, so I guess your theory is as good as mine. <_<