Do you guys think we will be able to run emu's on

SF2MJ

I just wanted to know if you guys think we will be able to run mamedox and all the other emus on the Xbox 2?.

I heard it is going to have a bigger hard drive.512 meg of ram.And a 3 gig processor.

If that is true and we CAN run emu's on the new Xbox 2....i presume with the extra ram and cpu power we should be able to play every single mame game as well as almost every working N64 and PS1 game.

Am i right?.

It would seem so, but the XBox 2 will need to be cracked first. Also, there is a question about backwards compatibility. All the emulators may need to be ported to the XBox 2 if it's not backwards compatible with XBox 1 software. I would actually prefer that the emulators be ported again since they would likely run better that way.

Read this about XBOX 2: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_2

It is most likely going to have 256, not 512 mb of RAM. Also, the harddrive has been pretty much confirmed to NOT be included: http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/5518/No-Hard...box-2-Confirmed

Also, there are several fundamental differences between the two systems. XBOX 2 is going to use a multicore PowerPC based RISC architecture. I don't know what that means for emulator authors, but I don't think it will be as easy as it is now.

Last thing I heard, there were going to be at least 3 different XBOX 2s. One of them will be a barebones console - no HD, etc. The others will be increasingly like PCs, with the final (announced) one coming out 6 months to a year after the release of the system.

I would guess the basic console-like system will be less suited to emulation and piracy than its predecessor, since it has been announced that it will have no hard drive. The other systems may be easy to turn into emulation boxes, but who knows what their price tags will be? The XBox modding community might have to start looking at ITX boards to stay cheap. <_<

the hdd thing is still so up in the air. I read at xbox-scene a few days ago that a juiced up version of halo 2 will come preloaded on the xbox harddrive. and that a 120 gig hdd may be available with preloaded software. (the story is still available on the main page of xbox-scene but could get pushed off with the next couple of posts.) I guess we'll know more about the xbox 2 hdd soon, after the mtv spot airs.