DVD Movie Burning / OGM file

Yeah hey guys I was wondering if anyone knows if they know any MAC DVD burning software other than Toast titanium 6. Or if possible can burn like the movie it self without the whole thing, or like burn the main menu and stuff but disable the options or somthing and just have the whole movie instead... dang did that make any sense? lol :lol:

~ cause a friend of mine burnt me A.I. on DVD and he said he had to compress like the quality so it can fit in a DVR disc or somthing like that.

~~

Ooo also! has anyone ever heard of this file called.ogm?

it's some really high quality video stuff that a friend of mine got from the net. Like a street fighter anime movie it is in.ogm but i can't burn it into a DVD. But yeah it's called.ogm..

- thanks! :rolleyes:

It's possible to burn just the movie, but that requires a (little) ripping of said movie and using software that allows the reauthoring of DVD files on a MAC (I have no idea what program).

OGM is just a video and audio codec container like MKV. It's only use is to provide subtitle files (srt or sub files) the video stream codec (such as DivX or Xivd, or the recently released Theora, which is set to replace the OGM "standard") and an audio stream codec (OGM is offically supported by Xiph.Org Foundation, and as is, the prefered audio stream encoding is OGG Vorbis). If you want to burn it's contents on a DVD as an actual movie, you need to do some work (and knowing your way around is greatly helpful).

I don't know the tools how to do it on a MAC, but the steps are easy, you just need a program that does that.

Step 1;

Load the OGM file to software that is able to split the muiltiple audio streams. (On Windows: Prefered software is Virtual Dub Mod)

Step 2;

After spliting the audio stream(s), you need to re-encode the video to MPEG-2 720x480 29.97fps, which is the standard NTSC encoding for DVD Video

After that I suggest using google, because I've never worked with dual audio files for making DVDs.

Thats the best I can do. I've never worked on a mac before for DVD burning, just music and photoshopping.

OGM is in the hizz house. I love the format especially when collecting anime. Escaflowne and Inuyasha rock both the languages.

Yeah, Dual Audio is sweet, although I still prefer japanese over english.

OGM is a poor hack at making a multistreamed OGG vorbis audio and various Video Codec. If anything, people are just plain lucky it exists because no one knows the existance of MKV.

OGM is a poor hack at making a multistreamed OGG vorbis audio and various Video Codec. If anything, people are just plain lucky it exists because no one knows the existance of MKV.

I do, but I'm scared of it because it's new to me.

I don't think many ppl encode to MKV yet is because not everyone would meet the minimum requirement of 1ghz to play the movies w/out any lag :/

Because of OGM, they re-ripped anime in DVD quality so that's another great thing about it. I've replaced my grainy 320x240 movies with sexxy 233 meg episodes.

example: yojimbo(divx).ogm

Guess the video codec? DivX! (ever try ripping something with DivX? You'll surprisingly see the similarities when using Doctor DivX to re-encode the 1.2 gig mpeg-2 to 700 MB DivX file. It is NOT dvd quality by a long shot. It's a lossy compressor like what MP3 is in the audio world. Similar because almost everyone cannot tell the difference between DVD Quality and compressed DivX [in this case, DivX is the guilty party for the encoding]Also which is exactly the same between CD Quality Audio discs and CD Quality MP3 audio files[encoded at roughly 225kbps or higher]).

OGM is just a file container. IT HAS NOTHING IN IT FOR QUALITY CONTROL. It's not even an video codec. It's just a box that holds videos, text and audio together to use all at the same time.

Take a chill pill k'dash.

I'm only referring it to "DVD Quality" because most OGM files on the net provide multi language and subtitles. The visual quality is DVD in my books compared to older anime releases that are very low quality.