Tae Guk Gi - Brotherhood of War

Has anyone seen this movie yet? I just picked it up from my blockbuster a week ago and I love this film. I personally recommend it to anyone who either:

a) likes quality asian cinema

B) likes war movies ie. Saving Private Ryan

c) likes drama movies

d) all the above

The basic plot is about two brothers being pulled into the Korean war. One brother risks his life countless times to gain the medal of honour to grant his younger brother freedom home. But to do so he must do selfish things which leads to his comrades being killed which the younger brother despises.

It's a really emotional film and I hope someone here picks it up and gives it a try. Here's the website for more info.

Tae Guk Gi

PS: It's pretty bloody so it's not for the faint of heart.

Edited by NeoMaster

Yea, I saw this movie mainly because it was a big hit in Korea. My parents borrowed it the day it came out on the video stores. It's pretty intense and I gotta say that Korean movies have come up a long way.

Well anyways, hope you enjoyed it. I also recommend "Friend." aka ChinGoo/ ChinGu

I enjoyed it a lot actually. I'm pretty glad I picked up the movie at blockbuster.

I like the dubbed english version. It was well done, actor wise and sync wise. The korean language option is kind of annoying in some parts though.

I'm not much of a war movie fan. but I'd rent it if I saw it around I guess.

I saw this movie nights ago when I saw it at my local blockbuster. First thing that hit my mind. Finally a god damn movie on the Forgotten War. Second of all. It could of been better, but it's a ok choice for war monglers.

I saw this movie nights ago when I saw it at my local blockbuster. First thing that hit my mind. Finally a god damn movie on the Forgotten War. Second of all. It could of been better, but it's a ok choice for war monglers.

You are a loyal member of blockbuster too? Man we have so much in common.

You are a loyal member of blockbuster too? Man we have so much in common.

"No more late fees in Canada."

Big win for us finally.

Too bad they screwed us with the Game Pass not being available in Canada. Like, it would've been sweet to rent as much games as you want for 30 bucks a month.