Big News, Pope is dead

Wizard

He was the Pope for 26 years..geez...If you think about it, he was Pope longer than most people on these forums have even been alive. I'm not too much into religion or religious topics, but it's always sad to see such a figurehead of the world pass away.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How old was he ?

Did he live as = as most of human beings not makers of peace ?

84 or 85, he was born in 1920

Edit: As far as I can tell, Only 3 of the other 264 Popes had longer *reigns* as the Pope

Edited by Z-Neo

RIP :)

So did they adopt him as a saint? I heard they were debating that

BTW who gets the popemobile now?

Becoming a saint is an arduous process that takes years. Various miracles have to be attributed to a person in order for them to become a saint.

People are just speculating right now.

They were talking about how they can't count miracles for qualifying for sainthood. Like they wouldn't count how this lady testifyed that the pope cured her son's blood disease or something.

I could care less...when I think of the Pope, it reminds me of the Church and all of its seedy history. I can't see how people can be Catholics. Miracles and making ppl saints...please. Just another bullshit religion like the rest.

The only good news about this is now that he's dead he'll take up less news coverage. Just like Terry Schiavo. Now things will return to normal.