Still feel the sensation of emulation?

Alpha

It doesn't really fascinate me anymore, but neither does the idea of copying a DVD I just bought (You know, because Fair Use is still ok).

Does anyone still remember PE2000. That was the ROMs site to end all ROMs sites. They literally hosted each individual ROM. I remember that they went down shortly after Ruckus posted a link to the Super Mario Advance ROM about 2 weeks before the GBA even launched. Good times.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I still remember when I got NESticle back in the day... and Kirby. those were good times. :afro:

Yeah, back when Sardu was considered the *God* of emulation authors, first for NESticle, then Genecyst. I still put NESticle to good use, since it runs at pretty good speeds on a p120 I have up at my work, just to play nes on lunch breaks, lol

I remember that they went down shortly after Ruckus posted a link to the Super Mario Advance ROM about 2 weeks before the GBA even launched. Good times.

Yeah, very good times. I still have that very same ROM image. Damn, PE2000 was teh shiz.

Z-neo: Yup, NESticle isn't much when compared to newer emulators, and is faulty in many aspects... but it still emulates. Hell, I even completed Kirby on it.

Best damn game on the NES by far, IMO. Kirby that is.

I love playing games. I can't live without playing games for a single day. So, playing emulated games is my daily routine.

I play everything: GBA, NES, SNES, PSX, PC, DC, whatever you name it.

So, yes, I still feel the sensation.

THings to look forward:

1. Chankast Progress.

2. Atomiswave emulation?

3. DSemu and Dualis progress.

4. PS2 emulation progress :banghead:

5. XBox emulation?

6. CPS3....nah, forget about this :afro:

I remember that they went down shortly after Ruckus posted a link to the Super Mario Advance ROM about 2 weeks before the GBA even launched. Good times.

Yeah, very good times. I still have that very same ROM image. Damn, PE2000 was teh shiz.

Z-neo: Yup, NESticle isn't much when compared to newer emulators, and is faulty in many aspects... but it still emulates. Hell, I even completed Kirby on it.

You mean "eur.maus.gba?" I still have it, too!

You mean "eur.maus.gba?" I still have it, too!

Yup, one and the same. :D

A couple of years ago I was really into emulation, but after mame.dk go shutdown and my mame roms got accidentally deleted I didn't regain the interest to go out and look for them again.

Besides, I just bought another Sega Genesis/CD and I've been playing it all the time.

So to answer your question GC, I've lost the emulation sensation and have begun focusing more on console gaming. Like the others, however, I've become pretty comfortable in the short time that I've been here, even if I don't talk about emulation that much.

Emulation is still one of my favorite things to do. I mean, even though I hate the Nintendo DS, I'm really excited about the two DS emulators right here on 1Emulation. The thought that I'm watching an emulator progress from the bottom up overrides what it's emulating in my eyes.

I just wish I got into emulation earlier, I've only been at it for like 2 years (I used to be against emulation, as I always thought that the real thing is better (And I still think that's true, I jsut never get to play the real thing anymore)).

(I used to be against emulation, as I always thought that the real thing is better (And I still think that's true, I jsut never get to play the real thing anymore)).

Yeah, that's how it usually is nowadays... I've never owned any of the older systems myself and I was always quite jealous because my friend got nearly all of them. (there was this one period when he just lost interest in old systems and sold all of them).

At least I got to play those consoles at his house, but now I wish he'd still have them. Well, there's still emulation.

I still feel it. Especially the DS emulation going on here, that's rather interesting. I also like to follow Saturn emulation. However, now I don't even care about the games, I just care about the actual emulation.