Still feel the sensation of emulation?

Alpha

I'm still pretty into emulation. It may be slighty less than it was 6 or 7 years ago, when I was first introduced to it, but I still load up various emulators and play some games almost daily. For a while, it was almost like playing Pokemon or something, I had to have every rom released for a system. But now, I really get more interest in see what new features and advances come with a new emulator release.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is still there to a certain extent, but i am also looking foward to the newer things. There are some games that would have never played unless i played them in their rom form, such as some cave games, etc. (drools when mushihime-same is dumped and playable)

this thread brings back memories when i first joined.SVC:Chaos had just been dumped and the energy in here was so wild.

its ok, regardless if Emulation is slow right now, its amazing how comfortable ive gotten with this place. its part of my daily routine.... :clapping:

I dunno if I was ever really heavy into emulation. I came here when I was setting up all my emus on my xbox and I liked the people so I stayed. I go weeks without booting up an emulator. and when people ask me my hobbies I never say "Emulation!" it's just another way for me to play games, that's the way I look at it. really this site could turn into a bidets forum and as long as the core people stayed active I'd be here. I hardly ever visit any of the other parts of this board besides Current Affairs, Spam, PC Help, and occasionaly the Xbox section.

When I first discovered emulation I was astounded by the fact that I could play all the old SNES games I used to love on my PC. Same with NES and Genesis games. Then I got some GBA games and I was even more fascinated. I was trying out games I never would've thought of playing earlier just because I could get them for free. Recently I've started emulating the PSX. Not only does that mean I can copy all my games to my PC and sell the hard copies, but I can try out even more new games. It's like reading every book in a library, and getting tired of it, when you pull on a book and the shelf swings around, dropping you into a new library!