Still feel the sensation of emulation?

Alpha

As a website owner, it's very tough to keep feeling the excitement you previously use to feel when emulation was at its peak. Even when I browse all the other emulation IRC channels, rarely will they be talking about emulation. Is emulation really a fad or can it continuously entertain you? These are the questions that I don't think I'll ever be able to answer at the moment. The drama in the legal emulation scene is also very mild compared to the mugen scene and the illegal emulation scene (rom sites, etc.). I guess the reason for the legal vs. illegal is because the amount of leechers is much less for the legal sites. Anyways, are you still feeling the sensation? ;)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why do we always gotta talk about emulation for?

but for me...nah

that sensation you speak of went away a long ass time ago

ppl hang out in emulation places to have a nice talk man

Well, I sort of dropped out of the scene when I got my NeoCandy Arcade cabinet and started collecting MVS carts. There really isnt anything like playing the real-deal, honestly.

I do have my eye on the PSP and what people might do with it.

Although I'm not as active as I once was, I still have my eye on the scene.

why do we always gotta talk about emulation for?

but for me...nah

that sensation you speak of went away a long ass time ago

ppl hang out in emulation places to have a nice talk man

It's called 1Emulation.com for a reason. ;)

Still interesting enough to run an emulation site.. but beyond that its not my favorite hobby or past time or whatever you want to call it.

I'd have to say it's still my favorite hobby. But it's just drying out since I'd rather play basketball most of the time and get out more. It's imperative for me to have as much physical activity possible during the week. I'm in shape alright, but there is always room for improvement. After I'm on the computer for more than 1-2 hours, I start getting cranky and finding nothing to do on the internet. I just shut down and that's when I get a headache and have about 50 blood clots formed. ;)

I sort of still feel it, but not as passionately as before. I come here more for the convo and SPAM more then anything else. Still dally in some Neo Geo, Mame and Amiga emulation, but not as fervently as before.

Another reason is that I am an emulation hoarder - once I finally get a game and make sure its working, I burn it to CD and...that's about it. I promise myself to play them, try to complete them, but I don't. I just collect!

The sensation... I guess you mean the enthusiasm to make it happen... yes I do, but it has changed. I'm playing a part with the DSemu, which is most interesting seeing something new being formed. I still chase those elusive, hard to find arcade roms, with mixed success.

The down side is the fact that it is somewhat illegal now, plus the mamdevs cracking down on mame derivatives, such as the sudden death of Clonemame.

I have zero interest in real consoles, never have. Once this dsemu project is finished, I'll be deleting all my files, satisfied that I've been able to help.

The sensation... I guess you mean the enthusiasm to make it happen... yes I do, but it has changed. I'm playing a part with the DSemu, which is most interesting seeing something new being formed. I still chase those elusive, hard to find arcade roms, with mixed success.

The down side is the fact that it is somewhat illegal now, plus the mamdevs cracking down on mame derivatives, such as the sudden death of Clonemame.

I have zero interest in real consoles, never have. Once this dsemu project is finished, I'll be deleting all my files, satisfied that I've been able to help.

Even when DSEmu is set and done to the point that all the extra features have nothing to do with game compatibility, speed, graphics, etc.. you should still use the emulator and enjoy it. I can't how you don't like real consoles if you enjoy emulators. The emulation scene is about having fun; programming is the portion that brings it to life. ;)