Hi Sony, I hate you, even more!

Wizard

PS2 is a must have cuz of all those good games, i dunno y people wouldn't get the PS2.  PS2 has most of the good japanese games, and that's y i got the PS2. cuz Japs makes good fighting games and rpg. BTW k'dash, YAY SONY!!! SONY"S so kool

fanboys......

j/k

I have a ps2! the only problem is it is a piece of crap I got it about 6 months after launch and it started to act up right after the warrenty ran out, DDE's then the tray refused to open and close. so I installed a fliptop to get around the tray. a few months later it wouldn't even spin a disc fast enough to read it. all this while still getting a healthy dose of DDE's when it was working with teh fliptop.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

remember we talked about this in irc. the model number was on the original case. I lost it. :(

anyways every once in a while it will spin a disc fast enough to read. and I still play Macross on it every once in a while.

Basically the launch units and most of the earlier models were to succumb to the disc read errors. Mines one of the newer models but i've only had a few small problems since its 2 1/2 yr ownership.

Yeah to bad the ps2 KILLED THE DC!  :(

Actually SEGA killed their own system. And I don't mean by discontinuing it but by not supporting it a la Nintendo.

It was both of those of those reasons. Sega could not garner any of the prominent 3rd party support like Sony had, and with such a large user base that the PSX had, it was only logical that many more people would support the PS2 over the DC. Sega's 1st party support was good, but only Capcom was a major 4rd party player for the DC.

actually you'll have to blame ps1 as it was the true cause of dc's death in sales based in japan, not ps2 but none the less it was sega's own fault for killing off the saturn early while 3rd parties still had games being made for it (EA for one was very pissed about it and thats why none of their games were on dc).