PSP or nintendo DS

which would you prefer?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd have to say the PSP is probabaly 10x better than the Nintendo DS. However, the price is way too high and it has already been known to have the WORST LAUNCH ever. Unless Sony doesn't reduce the price, the PSP may dwindle with the rest such as N-Gage, NeoGeo Pocket, etc.

Here is an interesting topic to read about this.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to say the PSP is probabaly 10x better than the Nintendo DS. However, the price is way too high and it has already been known to have the WORST LAUNCH ever. Unless Sony doesn't reduce the price, the PSP may dwindle with the rest such as N-Gage, NeoGeo Pocket, etc.

I have to agree with you. I'm sure it'll gain more ground in the future, but Sony has a tendency to flock up a launch one way or the other.

Last night i was at this dude's house party and he apparently had his DS in the open...well I knew if I didnt, someone would have...so of course I jacked it....i must say its a pretty cool device...now hopefully i could get a battery charger on ebay  ;)

Ooo...I'm not really fond of thievery...it always comes back to get you. Must balance the karma.

Edited by NeoMaster

I have to agree with you. I'm sure it'll gain more ground in the future, but Sony has a tendency to flock up a launch one way or the other.

PSX, PSP, sheit gawd dayum.

well there goes my second psp on ebay idea. unless the ball starts rolling soon. I still have the switcharoo return up my sleeve!

anyways peeps are missing out. I understand the money issues people have, but the little hunk of plastic is amazing. and should be in every modern gamers arsanal.

Well, if sales really were low, I think Sony only has themselves to blame. I didn't see a single TV commercial until after I already had a PSP in my hand. I don't get why they didn't start the advertising campaign earlier.

Anyway, I agree with garageink, the PSP is freaking amazing. I'm amazed each time I fire up Wipeout Pure.

But I think the momentum will build. A friend of mine went to see his family for Easter this weekend and he took his PSP. While there his brother bought one as did his sister and her husband after seeing his in action.

Edited by Thraxen

Well, if sales really were low, I think Sony only has themselves to blame.  I didn't see a single TV commercial until after I already a PSP in my hand.  I don't get why they didn't start the advertising campaign earlier.

yep I still haven't seen a psp commercial. but also remember it is a long holiday weekend, that could have something to do with low sales. (along with the price) software wise I think sony had a better launch then Nintendo. once people see these things from friends and at school/work they will be in line though.

There is one commercial (maybe the only one) that I have seen quite a lot over the past two days. I think it is supposed to be from the view of the PSP itself. It starts off with some Japanese lady placing the PSP in its box and then you see people take it out and start carrying it around, playing games, and listening to music. It ends with some guy putting the PSP in his gym bag (or some sort of bag).

It's a decent commercial and does show some game footage, but I don't think they are making good enough use of the Playstation brand name. They briefly show the original Playstation logo at the start of the commercial, but that's about it. Most people are familiar with the logo, but I really think the should come right out and say "PlayStation Portable". The Playstion brand is hugely successful, they need to make full use of it.

Software wise, people can say it's good enough, while hardware wise, what the hell were they thinking?