PSP or nintendo DS

which would you prefer?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've looked it over, and there does appear to be some excellent PSP games. But most of them aren't out yet. I'm especially looking forward to Rengoku or something. It has random dungeons! I love random dungeons!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so my order still hasn't shipped grrr. I went to toy's r us to get the kids easter stuff this morning and they have stacks of PSPs over there. I went ahead and baught it there. now I am canceling my order, if they don't cancel it I'll have to do the old switch return heheh.

haven't played it yet. gotta go to work in a few.

well i personally will rather go for the psp hands down, it offers more then what ds will ever do and its clear that ds is going no where (and if you don't agree, then ask yourself this: why is nintendo planning to release a new gameboy this year?).

some of you can rant about psp games have a "better" version on the ps2 but the main point is to have good games on the go and if its great on the console, you can damn near get the same great experience on the go and i'll be damned that you wouldn't want that :P

i won't be buying one anytime soon as i find it to be a bit pricey but i only say that since i got other things on mind to buy and price wise its like i get one or the other.

Personally, I don't care if the majority of the PSP's launch titles are either ports or remakes of the originals; they're still fun, no matter what the medium might be.

its clear that ds is going no where (and if you don't agree, then ask yourself this: why is nintendo planning to release a new gameboy this year?)

DS is the stepping stone while the new Gameboy is the true sucessor! Prican, stfu.

Yeah i'm whipping out the n00bsikikllzzz?12wqw111

you have to admit though the touch screen is a great idea and changes how u can play games. This is something we need in the market right now.. new ideas. you say its stupid right now but down the road when the psp 2 has a touch screen your gone be like wow why didnt someone think of this before...

you have to admit though the touch screen is a great idea and changes how u can play games. This is something we need in the market right now.. new ideas. you say its stupid right now but down the road when the psp 2 has a touch screen your gone be like wow why didnt someone think of this before...

It's innovative if nothing else. When I read reviews of games like Yoshi Touch and Go I am a bit intrigued. But I can't see myself playing a game like that very long. I just think drawing clouds could really only hold my attention for so long. A lot of the DS games seem like they would be a lot of fun with multiple players (this is if I could actually convince my friends to play a game where you draw clouds), but rather boring when alone. And that is a bit of a problem. One of the main reasons I even buy handhelds is so I have something to do when sitting in hotel rooms on business trips that I take on a regular basis. And I would just honestly take games like Twisted Metal or Wipeout Pure in that situation over most of the DS games anyday.

Oh yeah, and even if the PSP had a touch screen I have serious doubts as to if I would even use it. I am rather anal about any sort of screen. I find the idea of touching screens completely abhorrent. My TV, PC monitor, GBA, and now PSP screens are all spotless at all times. I can't stand any sort of finger print or scratches. So I have serious doubts as to whether I could even bring myself to touch the screen.

And on that note, for those of you that do own a DS, have you seen any signs of wear and tear from using the stylus on the touch screen? That was one of the things that concerned me about the idea when the DS was first announced. I can't help but picture those electronic signature dispays that places like Best Buy or UPS delivery men use... they are always scratched and faded to hell.

Edited by Thraxen

The DS was the product of two intoxicated individuals...similar to what K'Dash is...

LMAO Just kidding seriously. Hoo hee hoo haa.

Shiet that was one time i was under the influence posting here.