PSP or nintendo DS

which would you prefer?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

smart people would not get the PSP right now, no matter how much they luv it, cuz ur just wasting time and money, so i'll just wait for it and get it for a low low price

You could say that about just about anything. But some of us want to play it now. You could wait till the games you wanted were in the bargain bin or value titles, you could wait till a movie you wanted to rent was in the 99 cent section of the video store, you could buy all your cars at year end sales or used, you could buy video cards for your PC when they are a generation old, etc, etc, etc... but what hell fun it that? Sometimes it's nice to enjoy things when they are still brand new to everyone. Yeah, you pay more, but you also get to play it for a few months while those waiting for the price drop just wait. Anyway, I just used some stock options (that were about to expire) I had from a company I no longer work for and the profit paid for everything with cash left over... so why not?

Edited by Thraxen

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what's even stupidier? Not only are the games expensive but if you wanted to play..say Untold Legends with 4 players, then you would need 4 copies of the disc. 4x49.99 to play with your friends...where as the ps2 you just need the system and 4 controllers, and the multitap if you want to get technical.

And? It's a portable system, it doesn't have controller ports. Guess what, you also need 4 systems whereas on the PS2 you would just need one. You just don't seem to even understand the portable market.

This is not something that is exclusive to the PSP by any means. Most GB multiplayer games have worked this way for years. I'm sure they could make the game load wirelessly into the other PSPs and I bet some games will work that way.... but just how fast do you think wireless B is? If it's a game that requires a fair amount of regular loading then there is going to be massive load times involved with sending the information to 3 other systems. Oh yeah, and this would only work with 4 PSPs in the same room, forget about internet play. You would be waiting hours for a level to load.

Again, I just hear more arguments that make no logical sense whatsoever.

P.S. Untold Legends is a $40 game, not $50.

*cough*Fanboy*cough*

Thank's for stating the obvious genious, I'm glad you absorbed the point of my post that buying 4 games at console prices is stupidity. At least with GB games you wouldn't go broke after a few purchases of the software and it's much more convenient and fun to play with one console and a multitap compared to buying 4 portables for the same price as 4 consoles.

Untold Legends $50

Pwned.

Edited by NeoMaster

Untold Legends $50

Pwned.

OMG... CND dollars.. sure. I'm talking USD. Watch this:

Untold Legends: $40

pwned! Am I 1337 now? Spare me the leet speak drivel, you just wind up sounding stupid. The bottom line is many of the DS games are exactly the same price as PSP games.

Thank's for stating the obvious genious, I'm glad you absorbed the point of my post that buying 4 games at console prices is stupidity. At least with GB games you wouldn't go broke after a few purchases of the software and it's much more convenient and fun to play with one console and a multitap compared to buying 4 portables for the same price as 4 consoles.

WTF? I didn't absorb that. I explained the reason behind it. The PSP supports game sharing, but it's simply not going to work for many games for the reasons I very clearly explained in my previous post. Sure, some games like Yoshi Touch n Go support the game sharing you are talking about, but look at it... it looks like a SNES game. There just isn't a ton of data that needs to be exchanged for that type of game. Most PSP games are simply a lot more graphically intensive than DS games... that means more data. In the end you will see some single disk multiplayers games for the PSP and you will see multi cartridge games for the DS. It all depends on the type of game and the developer. It has nothing to do with the hardware of the DS or PSP.

Also, why would you go broke? You would only buy a single copy for yourself. It's up to your friends to buy their copies if thay want to play. If they don't... oh well, play on the internet. Your whole about going broke buying 4 copies makes zero sense. Congrats.

[edit] I just checked and there are already games for the DS that require mulitple cartidges for multiplayer. Tiger Woods 2005 is an example of this... and, OMG, it's a port to boot. Who would have thought?

Edited by Thraxen

So wait, let me get this straight, you bring in my price statement into the argument to make yourself sound cool and then bash me when I correct you?

Why must you be so offended you childish baffoon. Take your PSP fanboyism somewhere else. Have I said DS is better than PSP? No, in fact, the sole reason that DS games are in the $50 dollar range is insanity and I refuse to buy it. I've stated that PSP games isn't worth the money because a stronger and better version exists on the console and to me more enjoyable in console form. That's why I choose not to support PSP.

I fully understand that multi disc sharing between PSP's is extremely difficult so don't give me your jibberish about the logic behind it.

Once again, do not take things so seriously. (case and point, the $50 crap). I'm not saying your going to have to take another mortgage on your house by buying PSP games, I'm saying that PSP games are too expensive, actually I believe any game over $40 dollars is expensive.

Yeah, so DS games = N64 quality and is equally priced to PSP games. So what? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what's the better deal. So don't buy it, that's what I choose to do. If I believe PSP software should be lowered, then that's my beliefs. Trying to sort of the reasons why they are highly priced and comparing that to DS' pricing scheme is just wasting your time. I know it, you know, so stop recycling your damn posts.

Once again, do not take things so seriously. (case and point, the $50 crap). I'm not saying your going to have to take another mortgage on your house by buying PSP games, I'm saying that PSP games are too expensive, actually I believe any game over $40 dollars is expensive.

Games need to get cheaper. I'm glad a fellow canadian can see it as clear as me. Espeically since we live in these ripoff regions. I'm starting to like you now. Stop it.

- Troll

So wait, let me get this straight, you bring in my price statement into the argument to make yourself sound cool and then bash me when I correct you?

Correct me? Please. It was a misunderstanding of currency on both sides. Since your talking CND dollars and think anything over $40 is too expensive, then there are many games for the DS you won't buy either, correct? Since there a fair number of DS games above that price.

I've stated that PSP games isn't worth the money because a stronger and better version exists on the console and to me more enjoyable in console form. That's why I choose not to support PSP.

Fine... whatever. You just don't get it. There a lot of games for the PSP that are NOT on consoles. And as I stated before you buy games for a portable because you want a portable game. The game also being on console has little to nothing to do with that.

Ahem, most PSP games imo don't seem inspiried enough. Sure you can have the few "ZOMG THIS GAME ROCKAWKEAC@!!!11" and "THE FSCK IS THIS SHEIT!?" but imo the fact remines that most of the PSP games do look and feel uninspired. Expect for Wipeout Pure, that game looks like your on speed and high at the same time.

Ahem, most PSP games imo don't seem inspiried enough. Sure you can have the few "ZOMG THIS GAME ROCKAWKEAC@!!!11" and "THE FSCK IS THIS SHEIT!?" but imo the fact remines that most of the PSP games do look and feel uninspired. Expect for Wipeout Pure, that game looks like your on speed and high at the same time.

I've got Wipeout Pure, but haven't played it much yet. I've mostly been playing Twisted Metal: Head On. I'm a huge TM fan (and fan of vehicular combat in general), so I find it to be a lot of fun.