PSP or nintendo DS

which would you prefer?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

yeah theres a difference. Im sure alot of people will be willing to pay around 400 for the next gen consoles.. but thats cause its a console... You get the full deal. Portable games always seem to be watered down or changed in some way that makes them not as good as the console version which is a rather turn off to most players. Look at the score so far for Metal gear acid on the psp.. way below a MGS games score. Matter a fact it sounds like they ruined all the things that made MGS fun.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll get a PSP and DS when they lower the price below $100 Canadian Dollars, or $130 if there is a efficient way to pirate games ie. DS flash card or psp rewritable UMD. That said, it will be a long time since I'll get either of the two but right now it seems kind of stupid for DS, 1. Not having enough quality games, and PSP having software prices that match the ps2 counterpart's price tag.

I'd never buy a game over $50, especially for a handheld game that I could easily get for the ps2 and play in the comfort of my home...with friends too.

I'll get a PSP and DS when they lower the price below $100 Canadian Dollars, or $130 if there is a efficient way to pirate games ie. DS flash card or psp rewritable UMD. That said, it will be a long time since I'll get either of the two but right now it seems kind of stupid for DS, 1. Not having enough quality games, and PSP having software prices that match the ps2 counterpart's price tag.

I'd never buy a game over $50, especially for a handheld game that I could easily get for the ps2 and play in the comfort of my home...with friends too.

Gonna be quite a while dude.

I saw those on TechTV Canada (Yes, apparently it still isn't called G4TechTV, it's still TechTV, but without the G4 in the name), but seeing how I won't listen to these guys at all (GOT RID OF FRIKING LEO DAMNIT), those guys on EP and RotR say as much as they like the nDS, PSP just appels more to them.

I was really thinking that PSP will pwn the ds but I'm not too sure now that I've seen the games and unit prices. Like, if I buy NFL street for ps2, what will incline me to spend the exact same amount in cash for the portable version?

What I'm trying to say is that the PSP will most likely appeal to people who already have a ps2, so the market for them won't grow a huge margin but rather split up the market share for playstation games.

Have you actually seen some of the software prices? 50-60 bucks? I'm guessing the price is inflated because they are using development costs that rival the ps2 counterparts, which means high prices for the consumer. With the GBA, sure, their were a lot of crappy games but failure in one or two software pieces won't cause much of a dent because of the low cost of making the games. With the psp, 1 or 2 failures could waste millions of dollars in revenue and lose lack of support.

That's my theory basically. PSP will die because of piraters or lack of consumer interest and then nintendo will capitalize. It may happen...it may not, but that's what I think.

the lack of games isnt a big deal in the long run. later on, im sure there are games thats gonna catch some eyes. especially RPGs and stuff where gamers can take long-playing games on the go with them.

psp is basically another console product on the market. Typical price for hardware and software. like usual, the prices are a lil steep during launch and for most of the first year, but as it catches on, things will turn for the better. but its true though, psp does appeal more to ps2 owners...but who doesnt wanna take their ps2 on the go and even have some extra stuff like mp3s and whatnot on the go? i sure would...

besides, unlike DS where its more kid-friendly, psp is aiming at younger-adults who have money and or JOBS that can financially support themselves to buy the product with all the necessary accessories like memory stick and protective cases i guess.

Edited by BoomBa_GoosE

besides, unlike DS where its more kid-friendly, psp is aiming at younger-adults who have money and or JOBS that can financially support themselves to buy the product with all the necessary accessories like memory stick and protective cases i guess.

:):lol:

wait are u serious? sony is trying to make money :)