BDiamond FBAxxx 2005-03-20

Prican25

I think it's unlikely we'll be seeing the source released any time soon.

It's even been said that when Manto/Jan release the new Xbox port of FBA in the future there will be no source release for that either, to stop people from creating builds that add newer romsets.

If this turns out to be the case then I hope somebody questions how they can slam people like Gogo and myself for violating their license and then, when it suits them, violate licenses themselves (i.e. the GPL).

We shall see...

Edited by + T +

If this turns out to be the case then I hope somebody questions how they can slam people like Gogo and myself for violating their license and then, when it suits them, violate licenses themselves (i.e. the GPL).

We shall see...

exactly what I think, BTW Jan will be violating license from Dave (FinalBurn) :P , BTW just to note 2 things :

- I didn t test manto s version but is progear really faster than in fbaxxx, I doubt of it :peopleseybrow:

- There is already a choose menu for A68K cpu in fbaxxx , the only new in this version is some supported games (striker 1945,tengai, kof10th) and maybe a new controller menu (as I said, I didn t test it)

I dont see why it is an "ultimate" version.

yeah i can verify from my arcade that Guwange, fever SOS, and progear run faster and slow down less that other FBA's

cant wait for a pro release

try fever SOS for a test...it has so much activity on screen and plays fine now

Edited by sammaz

cant wait for a pro release

If you can get Manto to release/share the source then consider it done. But I don't see that happening any time soon. Maybe when he releases his new FBA port (sans source, no doubt) then he'll consider letting out the source to this version.