FBA-XXX Pro update for MAMEdOX

+ T +

This is something I threw together for my own use and I thought other users of FBA-XXX Pro and MAMEdOX might find it useful also.

I've basically updated the Neo-Geo romsets supported by MAMEdOX to the ones used by FBA-XXX Pro (excluding bootlegs). Handy for those who don't want to have to use different sets for different emus.

The file is a replacement 'MAMEoX.xbe' so I can't link to it here (it's too big for an IPS patch). But those who know where to get the 'FBAXXX_Pro.rar' package should have no trouble getting 'MAMEdOX_upd.rar'. :P

Note that you will probably need to delete your old MAMEdOX save folder for the driver changes to take effect.

Also in the archive is an updated vm.txt (with entries for the sets that have been added) and the changed source files.

Enjoy. :)

+ T +

Thanks +T+! I didn't really care to have to maintain duplicate ROMS for each emu. Did you update, or plan to update, any of the CPS games? Your Pro set has most of the CPS2 games renamed (the internal ROM files) to match changes in the MAME sets. MAMEdOX is still using the older ROM names.

+T+ Thanks very much for this, it's much appreciated.

Is the source included in the archive? I'd like to include your changes in the next mamedox release if that's ok?.

Cheers.

Ebsy.

Yes, the changed source files are in there.

The main reason I included them was in case you guys wanted to use them, so it's no problem. :(

BTW, while you're here, is there any chance you could have a go at adding the Simple2x filter to MAMEdOX? It gives a look more true to the original arcade machines than either of the current options. Thanks.

Edited by + T +

It seems there were a couple of mistakes in the new drivers for samsh5sp and clones. I've now uploaded a fixed XBE and source files. (thanks to Thraxen for pointing the problem out)