XBOX2 Specs Revealed

Gryph

Jet Set Radio Neo... I WANT IT!!!

Thats the crappiest title since Future, oh wait, Future sucks too.

Xbox2 coming out this year: Head start or failure? YOU CHOOSE!

Early bird gets the worm, remember when the PS2 came out? Other then being hyped like hell. It sold by mass of the earth during the first few months.

Cell does look interesting though. But it's partly a Sony product, so screw that. You can fit pretty much all content these days on a normal DVD5.

Casual gamers want a game thats hyped like hell. Regardless of length, but I bet most of them would go "Damn this is long."

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Early bird gets the worm, remember when the PS2 came out? Other then being hyped like hell. It sold by mass of the earth during the first few months.

I don't know about early starters...remember the Dreamcast? It got an early start too. I miss Dreamcast.

Dun put your hope up for the CELL from Sony.

1. This is being developed with really HIGH COST.

This is going to a) cost Sony a lot of money to compete

with Micro$oft. :) PS3 will be very very expensive.

2. The capability of CELL is not proven. Period.

I am seeing a losing battle from Sony.

XBox 2 prospect seems brighter now :clapping:

I don't know about early starters...remember the Dreamcast? It got an early start too. I miss Dreamcast.

yes then the ps2 hype killed it... we all remeber that. Thats also why i hate sony products. Screw sony.. give me a xbox 2 or a Nintendo revolution any day :clapping:

Ahh, can someone translate those figures for the average gamer?

Anywho, I think the using the standard dvd format will screw xbox sooner or later. You never know what the market will bring and having a higher capacity disc in my opinion is the safer choice. Games today hardly fill up the dvd5 but this is next next gen graphics we're talking about so you don't know what kind of space newer technology needs.

In addition, the playstation 2 has several games such as, Shadow Hearts 2, Xenosaga 2, Star Ocean 3 need two discs instead of one. A few dual layers to name are GT4 and Champions of Norrath. MANY other games like Def Jam 2, GTA SA, Final Fantasy and such are on the border line of capacity. So if Sony goes with the Blu Ray or HD, they are going to be the winners.

The CELL is pretty interesting, I give you that, but with, what seems, longer development time for it and a much more costly production of games for it, not to mention Sony's screening department of hell, the PS3 won't be anything.

As for the games, I am pretty sure what companies XBOX currently is there "liking" will stay there (i.e. SEGA, Tecmo).

What will probably happen is that easy development and less production $ on XBOX 2 will mean more games, and thus, the edge. That is key, and that is what is going to make XBOX2 the victor in the Next-Gen war.

Anon.

The standard 12x DVD drive wasn't really all that surprising since HDDVD drives would be expensive to put in. But I think that will only hurt them in the future when the other consoles are using Blu-Ray etc.

The CELL is definitely a revolutionary processor. It's theoretical (I must stress theoretical) performance is nothing short of astounding, that's already been established by their technical presentation. But I don't think any game developer (maybe only a couple of Sony-exclusive developers) will be able to exploit that in a way to make games any getter than what will be seen on XBOX2. But they are releasing open source compilers for programmers to learn how to work with and take advantage of this thing. I don't think Sony would make the same mistake of making their system as hard to program for as the PS2. I'm sure the production costs for the CELL are phenominal so that's a minus against them.

NeoMaster, those specs basically tell that the XBOX2 is going to be quite powerful.

Yay X-Box 2 is powerfull! My X-Box is only 64MB RAM? hmm, strange, o well, 256 compared to a strong machine with 64, great news and I can't wait to see how it runs! Im still afraid of the PS3 being a stronger machine tho :(

Part 2 is up: http://xbox.gamespy.com/xbox/microsoft-xbox/594355p1.html

It basically says that Microsoft is going to enable a universal account system for the XBOX2 which would be pretty cool. It will also have Gamer Creds for those who take gaming a tad bit too seriously. :( You'll have rep points and blah blah just read the damn article.

Basically none of that stuff interests me but I can see it being huge with most normal gamers.