FBA-XXX I need some details plz!

DoomII

Ok I read the latest FBA-xxx post and frankly, I'm confused.

I downloaded two files last night off xbins: fbaxxx_06_03.zip, and fbaxxx_pro.rar

Inside of the 06_03.....zip there are 4 files: default.xbe, default.ips, uips.exe, and patchme!!

Inisde the the...pro.rar there is there is a semi directory outline with a skins folder and those.dat files.

This is where I get a lil confused. Maybe I'm doing it right or maybe there is info left out, but when I start the program it returns to the dash:

For the sake of convenience the FBA-XXX Pro IPS patch will always work with the latest official build. The one in this archive is intended to be applied to the unpatched 06.03.2005 release of FBA-XXX. So basically you just extract fbaxxx_06_03.zip, replace the included 'default.ips' file with this one, and run 'patchme!!.bat'.

So I extract the 06_03.zip, replace the default.ips file with the one from the pro.rar and run the patchme? If I am correct there, then I am still hangin up. THen what do I do after that? I'm sorry if you feel like you are holding my hand, but after that it's skimp on instructions.

Then do I take the patched files from the.zip and put them in the unrar'd directory from the pro.rar?

Is there anything else I need to know? Clearing out TDATA? Getting a neogeo.zip file? (which neogeo.zip) I have a neogeo and I would just like to play backups on my xbox!

Thank you for your help

You actually need all the other files and folders that FBA-XXX (and Pro) needs to work. I suppose it is confusing. I've had alot of messages from ppl with the same misunderstanding.

So I'll tell you what I'll do. As of the next release (due in a few hours time) I'll include in the archive all the files needed to run FBA-XXX Pro on your Xbox (except the XBE of course, you'll still have to patch and add that yourself). It shouldn't make that much difference to the size of the package if I leave out all the 'preview' images. :P

Edited by + T +

Ok, still havin trouble here (no idea why),

I downloaded the brand new fbaxxx_pro archive from the thraxen site. Got that down.

Inside this brand new archive is a default.ips file. I took that file and I put it into the unzipped archive that fbaxxx_06_03.zip unzips too.

So now I have fbaxxx_06_03.zip unzipped into a folder with 4 files. Again, I take the default.ips file from the brand new release today and put it in that folder with the 4 files, overwriting the default.ips that comes with that in the process. I then run the patchme!! bat file, which does its thing with the numbers spinning or however you wanna describe it.

Now I should have a patched default.xbe in that folder with the 4 files. I take that default.xbe and I put it in the folder of the unzipped brand new archive downloaded today. FTP it over to my box, and nothing, it boots back to dashboard.

I have no idea what is going on here.

OK, it works fine for me. So you must have an outdated version of Winzip. So instead, download this file: Gamepad

Download the file, make a folder called "Media" in your FBAXXX Pro directory and place that file in that folder.

Also, just FYI, the version of WinZip I'm using is 9.0 SR-1 (6224).

Edited by Thraxen

Thraxen,

we are almost there! I did patch the default.xbe with craxtion, don't know if that had anything to do with it, but it didnt hurt.

After adding your media file now I am in, and I can recognize a backup of mslug4.zip

Maybe I should give you a screenshot of the files its missing, but b4 I do that since I have dialup, can you recommend a good neogeo.zip source? I have one in there is 345kb...just wondering your thoughts...Thanks