New FBA-XXX Pro

+ T +

UPDATE:

- Updated many Neo-Geo ROMsets with the latest releases.

- Added new CPS2 clone sets from MAME.

This is purely a ROMset update. I haven't had the chance to address any other outstanding issues with the emu. As to whether or not there will be any more releases of FBA-XXX Pro after this one I am uncertain at the moment. You see...

Not long ago I was asked by TMaul (Kev from the FBA dev team for those who don't know) if I'd like to help with a new build of FBA-X that he's been working on. The main objectives being to clean out the inessentials and to use a codebase closer to the PC version.

Naturally I said I'd love to be involved since I really don't see FBA-XXX going much further than it already has in terms of real development and this project has the potential to give FBA a new lease of life on the Xbox.

The downside of this (if you can call it that) is that it doesn't really leave me with much inclination to continue working on FBA-XXX Pro when I know something far better is in the pipeline.

I'm not saying there won't be any more builds of Pro. Just that things will probably slow down from here and be mostly limited to ROM updates. :)

+ T +

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been looking at some PGM games and I think it may be possible when mame cracks the encryption to incorporate them into FBAxxx...

and PGM games are the BEST shooters

i wish i still had the link but there is a site that shows all the PGM games...so maybe this can be a long term goal of fbaxxx :(

Ive been looking at some PGM games and I think it may be possible when mame cracks the encryption to incorporate them into FBAxxx...

and PGM games are the BEST shooters

i wish i still had the link but there is a site that shows all the PGM games...so maybe this can be a long term goal of fbaxxx :(

You'll have to ask Gogo about that. FBA-XXX is his project.

nice to hear tmual wanting you're help on a new fba-x, i'm sure it will be great.

fba-xxx pro has been one of the best emus around as of lately and so i think just having the roms updated would be great enough till the new fba-x comes out

UPDATE:

Seems there was a problem running the new uni-bios with the last release. So I've updated the build to go back to v2.0 for now.

EDIT: There were still some issues with some of the new bios files causing scrambled graphics. I'll get a fixed version up as soon as I can.

Edited by + T +

not sure if this is a dat error or not but the following aren't in the dat or are missing:

mslug5b

kof2k1pla

kof2k1pls

No, it's not an error. I find the most reliable set information comes from Johnboy's NG DAT. These sets were removed from the latest one until such time as any proof emerges that these are true bootlegs and not fakes.

not sure if this is a dat error or not but the following aren't in the dat or are missing:

mslug5b

kof2k1pla

kof2k1pls

kf2k1pls & kf2k1pa released 'R not confirmed as true bootlegs, but they exist in bootleg carts.

mslug5b true bootleg P1 is P1b crc32 D05853EA, dumped by Mr Lee.

Released bootlegs (according to Flycboy, abb & EGCG) :

pbobblnb - Puzzle bobble / Bust-A-Move (Bootleg) ;

kof97pls - The King of Fighters '97 Plus (Bootleg) ;

kof97pla - The King of Fighters '97 Plus (Alt bootleg, bad dump fix version) ;

cthd2003 - Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon 2003 (Bootleg) ;

cthd2k3a - Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon 2003 (Alt bootleg) ;

ct2k3sp - cthd2003 Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon 2003 Super Plus (Bootleg) ;

kof2001b - The King of fighters 2001 (Bootleg) ;

ms4plus - Metal Slug 4 Plus (Bootleg) ;

kof2k4se - The King of fighters Special Edition 2004 (Bootleg) ;

kf2k4sep - The King of fighters Special Edition 2004 Plus (Bootleg) ;

kof10th - The King of fighters 10th Anniversary : All Team Battle (Bootleg) ;

kof2002b - The King of fighters 2002 : Challenge to Ultimate Battle (Bootleg) ;

kf2k2pls - The King of fighters 2002 Plus : Challenge to Ultimate Battle (Bootleg) ;

kf2k2pa - The King of fighters 2002 Plus : Challenge to Ultimate Battle (Alt bootleg) ;

kf2k2sup - The King of fighters 2002 Super : Challenge to Ultimate Battle (Bootleg) ;

matrimbl - Power Instinct : Matrimelee / Shin Gouketuji Ichizoku Tokon : Matrimelee (Bootleg) ;

mslug5b - Metal Slug 5 (Bootleg) ;

ms5plus - Metal Slug 5 Plus (Bootleg) ;

svcboot - SVC Chaos : SNK Vs. Capcom (Bootleg) ;

svcplus - SVC Chaos Plus : SNK Vs. Capcom (Bootleg) ;

svcplusa - SVC Chaos Plus : SNK Vs. Capcom (Alt bootleg) ;

svcsplus - SVC Chaos Super Plus : SNK Vs. Capcom (Bootleg) ;

samsh5bl - Samurai Shodown V / Samurai Spirits Zero (Bootleg) ;

kof2003b - The King of Fighters 2003 (Bootleg) ;

kof2k3up - The King of Fighters 2003 Ultra Plus (Bootleg) ;

kof2k4ex - The King of Fighters 2004 EX Hero (Bootleg).

Thanks for the new release i just have a few questions to ask. All the roms that i have came from Big ass emulator disc 3b which all the games work except for one which is samarai shodown 5. It seems that all the cps1 and cp2 games work fine with the pro addition. But when i try to play some neo geo games such as king of fighters 2000 - 2004, metal slug 5, and above(I have every set for 2000-2002 and not one of them would run, all ran fine in the other versions of fbaxxx) using the same roms that came with the PR Edition they do not work. Only one thing lacked in PR release which was cpu adjustment (200% runs Metal Slug 2 flawlessly on my xbox) I ran them thru clrmame and the whole nine yards. Still with no success i can not get them to work at all. I try downloading from different sources rebuilding auditing with the dat that came with the pro version. No luck at all but i did get king of fighters 10th addition to work with no problems. Last but not all, will netplay ever be implemented in your FBA-X project. I hope it does. We all know your a Miracle worker. :P

the baed fba disc is old so most of the 2002-2003 romsets were wrong and have been corrected to whats out now, heck the disc didn't even have samsh5sp.

by the way, the pr edition did have the cpu adjust for neogeo games but still you're better off with the latest fba-xxx pro