New FBA-XXX Pro

+ T +

+T+, I tried your FBAXXX Pro, with kof2002.zip and kof2002d.zip, and I don't have problems (except that the sound wasn't very good, a lot of little cut...), but kof2002.zip works well in FBAXXX 01/05 too, and the drv for kof2002d.zip doesn't exist in FBAXXX 01/05 so I cannot test it...

does it exist a differnce of sound between your version and gogo's version and if yes can you fix it ( with menu sound pb / resize menu )?

Edited by bilippe

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't hear any difference in sound between Pro and FBA-XXX no matter what games I try. So as far as I'm concerned there is nothing to fix unless someone can show me otherwise.

I will take a look at those when I do the next update. But they're not high priority fixes so they don't really warrant an update by themselves.

is there a chance that FBAXXX Pro could support region changing in CPS2 games? Certain games (MSH Vs SF and MSH) have certain extras in the Japanese roms over the US/Euro versions. so currently have to have those two games as 2 of the same name on the menu if I want to play in English...and i still can't play the japanese version in English (Norimaru/anita's endings)

if this feature is already in FBAXXX Pro i apologize. I could've swore I saw it in there a few releases ago but it's definately not in plain view now...and the documentation that comes with the release states nothing about it.

CPS2 games do not support region switching within the game since seperate boards were released for each region. So the only way to play a japanese version is to use the Japan ROMset.

Neo-Geo games however, do allow region switching via the dipswitches. Perhaps this is what you remember.

Edited by + T +

CPS2 games do not support region switching within the game since seperate boards were released for each region. So the only way to play a japanese version is to use the Japan ROMset.

Neo-Geo games however, do allow region switching via the dipswitches. Perhaps this is what you remember.

eh? back when CPS2 games were the new thing region codes were the only way to play certain titles in English while waiting for the US boards to be dumped. In fact there's an option in the original final burn (under control settings I do believe) just for that feature.

Kawaks (pc) still supports this feature if you need to see it to know what to look for to enable it.

Primarily i'm just speaking about the feature that will enable the japanese romsets to display the English text...it thinks it's the USA region but it's still the Japanese romset therefor Norimaru and anita can still be selected.

Edited by DarkCloud12X

For example i dug up an old cheat dat file for Final Burn Alpha for these two games.

// Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter & Clones

1:mshvsf:1:4c8f:00:Region:Japan

1:mshvsf:1:4c8f:02:Region:USA

1:mshvsf:1:4c8f:04:Region:Hispanic

1:mshvsf:1:4c8f:06:Region:Asia

1:mshvsf:1:4c8f:08:Region:Euro

1:mshvsf:1:4c8f:0a:Region:Brazil

e:mshvsfj1:mshvsfj

1:mshvsfj:1:4c8f:00:Region:Japan

1:mshvsfj:1:4c8f:02:Region:USA

1:mshvsfj:1:4c8f:04:Region:Hispanic

1:mshvsfj:1:4c8f:06:Region:Asia

1:mshvsfj:1:4c8f:08:Region:Euro

1:mshvsfj:1:4c8f:0a:Region:Brazil

// Marvel Super Heroes & Clones

e:msha:msh

e:mshh:msh

e:mshj:msh

1:msh:1:4c23:00:Region:Japan

1:msh:1:4c23:02:Region:USA

1:msh:1:4c23:04:Region:Hispanic

1:msh:1:4c23:06:Region:Asia

1:msh:1:4c23:08:Region:Euro

1:msh:1:4c23:0a:Region:Brazil

fba-xxx pro supports cheats so why not just use that?

btw, i shorten your post since all the codes weren't needed to point out what you meant :clapping:

i also tried it and it works fine for mshjr1 tho i had to make an ini file for it but none the less it works bt anita doesn't even have a ending in the game so its pointless to even use the region code.

Edited by Prican25

Heh...i wasn't even aware FBAXXX Pro had an option to use cheats...there was no cheat directory in the distribution zip nor any mention of it in either GoGo's or +T+'s text files (that I saw)...

How exactly did you set up the ini to enable region codes via the cheat dat to be used?

well the cheats folder does come with team-xxx's release tho its empty in the latest version but basically if you can get any of the cheat ini's that work in pc fba, it will work on fba-xxx/pro.

just remember to enbale cheats in the emu options :P