New FBA-XXX Pro

+ T +

I really don t care about NG drivers but I don t see any reason to not release the sources.

So if I release the source minus the NG drivers would you consider making FBA-XXX open-source again? :lol:

How about you guys just quit the petty squabbling and help each other out? I know you don't like Gogo's and +T+'s versions for whatever reason, but really, what is the point of not helping? It gets rather old watching all the various scene devs fighting like kids all the time.

Nobody's fighting or squabbling. Just discussing. Please don't confuse what you see here with what you see on other forums.

Edited by + T +

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody's fighting or squabbling. Just discussing. Please don't confuse what you see here with what you see on other forums.

Yeah, I was just thinking back to the "discussion" that went down over on Gogo's forum after Manto's version was released. I just wish Manto would help out already. Seems rather pointless not to.

Edited by Thraxen

Lol, just tell me why you don t want to release neogeo sources, I don t understand, I need no really conditions, actually like I said, I am for open source so I think I ll release the sources anyway :).

Thraxen -> I am like this, I just enjoy with other devs, but I hope like you that we can work together :clapping: , that stupid xbox scene thread made me a little mad that s all :lol:.

I just don t understand why you made this project closed source, at least ppl could help you with neogeo drivers (as with your neospriterom problem).

EDIT : sources

Edited by GogoAckman

Lol, just tell me why you don t want to release neogeo sources, I don t understand, I need no really conditions, actually like I said, I am for open source so I think I ll release the sources anyway :).

Thraxen -> I am like this, I just enjoy with other devs, but I hope like you that we can work together :) , that stupid xbox scene thread made me a little mad that s all  :afro:.

I just don t understand why you made this project closed source, at least ppl could help you with neogeo drivers (as with your neospriterom problem).

:)

I know what you mean about X-S. I won't register there because all they seem to do is cause trouble for people who don't agree with their way of thinking.

The reason why I've not wanted to release the NG drivers is because I always assumed that if I did then FBA-XXX would use the updated ones instead of the ones it currently does. I think this would be a shame because FBA-XXX's ROMsets are the ones that are most widely available on the net and therefore are the ones that most players will have. So, by having two seperate versions, everyone can enjoy the games and be happy whether they care about having latest ROMs or not.

Also, since I'm not much of a coder, Many of the changed parts of the source (particularly the NG drivers) are a mess and really need some cleaning up. I keep meaning to try and do it but never seem to have the time.

I'm very glad to hear you say that FBA-XXX is still open-source. The code has always been an excellent source of learning for me. And I'm certainly looking forward to finding out the cause of the s1945 problem. :)

Many thanks, and please let me know if I can ever be of any help to you.

+ T +

Edited by + T +

The reason why I've not wanted to release the NG drivers is because I always assumed that if I did then FBA-XXX would use the updated ones instead of the ones it currently does. I think this would be a shame because FBA-XXX's ROMsets are the ones that are most widely available on the net and therefore are the ones that most players will have. So, by having two seperate versions, everyone can enjoy the games and be happy whether they care about having latest ROMs or not.

Also, since I'm not much of a coder,  Many of the changed parts of the source (particularly the NG drivers) are a mess and really need some cleaning up. I keep meaning to try and do it but never seem to have the time.

I'm very glad to hear you say that FBA-XXX is still open-source. The code has always been an excellent source of learning for me. And I'm certainly looking forward to finding out the cause of the s1945 problem.  :)

+ T +

Guys:

(..been absent for a while due to a stupid harddrive crash...and computer rebuild..)

Why not include the neogeo sources from both versions...similar to the "old" & "new" set version from months ago? You could even add a flag in the ini for standard/pro neogeo sets...

...And have the best of both sources.

I think it's a little crazy about the many versions that keep floating around...that's why I will continue to share the fbaxxx-treme changes...and then your free to add or build upon whatever you want.

How about we shake hands/group hug...and get back to enjoying our fba-xxx? :afro:

-djohng

Why not include the neogeo sources from both versions...similar to the "old" & "new" set version from months ago? You could even add a flag in the ini for standard/pro neogeo sets...

It doesn't work. People just go for the "new" version every time regardless of which ROMs they have.

UPDATE:

- Fixed sngok3d as clone of sengoku3.

- kf2k2pls/kf2k2pla now work using decrypted C ROMs.

- Added new controller config method. (by GogoAckman)

- Added s1945 and tengai fix. (by GogoAckman)

- Updated package files and ReadMe.txt. (and first post in this topic)

Once again, MASSIVE thanks to Gogo for sharing those fixes. Both he and Manto were correct, I never would have figured it out on my own. Hope I can return the favour some time. :afro:

lets all agree to use the xbseen forums for mud-throwing and keep it real here!

Thanx Team Gogo+T+MantO!

Right now im using Manto's for Cps1,2,Others and Pro for Neogeo...it would be awesome if I could get the best all in one.

btw, gogo's fix isn't correct it will generate sound skip under certain conditions but the main idea is here (no need to change the table size and no need to have the test that can skip sound)

I know, I was a bit lazy on this fix, but there isn t sound skipping, nsegment end never went over 1000 so I think 44100*2 isn t useful, and I setted to 2000*2 in case of :afro:.

If ppl complain about a bug, I ll change the code :).