New FBA-XXX Pro

+ T +

ok, heres a rom the emu freezes on, n it used to work b4

Thanks I'll check that out. <_>

ok, i grabbed the latest version of fba-xxx (06-03) and patched it but my question is where in the menu do you change the vmm methods? cuz i just don't see it in the menu when in the neogeo section

You don't. Not every new 'feature' from FBA-XXX will be implemented into FBA-XXX Pro since the focus of the project is performance and compatibility, not endless amounts of settings and options. And this one in particular is completely unnecessary, since Pro only uses one set of VMM routines (the ones it has always used :P ).

BTW, in case anyone missed it in the other thread, I've added the Media folder to the Pro archive - stupid mistake, sorry. -_-

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, heres a rom the emu freezes on, n it used to work b4.

Well I put together the incomplete set that you showed and tried to run it. But the emu didn't crash. It shows the screen you posted with the missing ROMs for about 5 or 6 seconds then displays the 'There was an error starting...' dialogue at which point you can press Back or B to return to the menu. Which is what it's supposed to do.

If there is a bug I'd like to fix it but it's kind of hard if I can't re-create it. -_-

ok, heres a rom the emu freezes on, n it used to work b4.

Well I put together the incomplete set that you showed and tried to run it. But the emu didn't crash. It shows the screen you posted with the missing ROMs for about 5 or 6 seconds then displays the 'There was an error starting...' dialogue at which point you can press Back or B to return to the menu. Which is what it's supposed to do.

If there is a bug I'd like to fix it but it's kind of hard if I can't re-create it. -_-

if you talk about zip crash, you mus run a game before and then load an icomplete set for the emu to crash, that s what I did :P.

As for VMM menu I removed this option in 6/3 version too as the new optimisition doesn t need it <_<.

The version of Neopong that's supported is v1.1. Neo no Panepon is the latest also. I don't really see the need to add older versions.

I'll add the other ones you mention for the next update though. :peopleseybrow:

Gogo has just let me know that the sound wasn't working correctly in my Slammasters fix. But I've corrected this now so that will be in the next update also. :D

Edited by + T +

UPDATE:

- Fixed sound in slammast.

- Fixed missing sounds in socbrawl. (bug from FBA PC ?)

- Fixed crash when loading an incomplete ROMset. (by GogoAckman)

- The following sets have been added:

Beast // Beast (Neo-Demo) (PD)

Columns // Columns (Neo-Demo) (PD)

Neodemo // Neo-Demo (Demo)(PD)

poknight // Poker Night

- Made some improvements to 'Pro Fighter' skin.

i'm currently updating my old fba-x roms to match fba-xxx pro and so far its going good except for one: for ct2k3sp.zip, i got the correct crc for 5k3-s1sp.bin but the size that comes up on romcenter is 128k where mines is 256k and if i split the rom it comes out a different crc :peopleseybrow: