New FBA-XXX Pro

+ T +

I just want to make it clear that FBA-XXX and FBA-XXX Pro are going to remain seperate. I think the two projects are trying to achieve different things. Though naturally I don't mind offering any help if it's needed.

Gogo, if you PM me your e-mail address then I'll send you the CPS folder from my source (I'm hanging on to the full sourcecode for now though). Although the fixes mainly involve restoring old code. For Slammasters I just restored the 'slamPro' fix from the old core. And I didn't actually fix the right-stick crashing problem, I just removed your 'ShowNotWorking' feature that was the cause of it. So it's up to you if you still want it or not.

Some good news though, I am no longer working solo on FBA-XXX Pro. djohng has offered to lend his expertise to the project for the benefit of everyone. :P This is great, because many fixes/tweaks are far beyond my limited coding knowledge. Hopefully between the two of us we can make Pro the ultimate FBA-XXX. :D

Edited by + T +

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today, I 've learnt SF2 Turyu has no alt ver.

Flycboy corrected my error & explained : SF2 Turyu (Bootleg) is different from SF2 Toryu (hack) whose alt ver set is SF2 tory2 (hack) [see MAME Plus extra sets supported]

SF2 Toryu & SF2 Tory2, both of them, need SF2CE13 as parent.

Today, I 've learnt SF2 Turyu has no alt ver.

Flycboy corrected my error & explained : SF2 Turyu (Bootleg) is different from SF2 Toryu (hack) whose alt ver set is SF2 tory2 (hack) [see MAME Plus extra sets supported]

SF2 Toryu & SF2 Tory2, both of them, need SF2CE13 as parent.

I'll see that they're set up correctly in the next update. Thanks for the info Mr.X. :D

Hi,

wondering if you could help me out,very new to this site.

Basically I can't for the life of me completely download the new Pro update(or anything else avalible on Thraxen's site/index).I have tried doing so both from the link at the begining of this thread and directly from Thraxen's site as well with no joy.Basically everytime I start downloading i only get approx 100kb into the download before my pc tells me that the download is complete????(I have tried this approx 30 times now).

Could anyone shed any light,any info would be greatly appreciated.Is there an option in my control panel or something I need to check or uncheck?Thing is I have no problems at all downloading from the official FBAxxx site nor from any other places either.

Ta famitsu1

GLiTcH - I'll do some testing with kof2k2nd later on tonight. It's strange since the driver is effectively identical to the one in the previous build.

deadsoulz - The problem was that I had forgotten to initialise the 'nRet' variable in the drivers when I implemented the PCM2 fix in these games. So I don't think this has anything to do with your missing ROMs. :P

famitsu - Perhaps try using a download manager or try right-clicking and choosing 'Save Target As...' rather than just clicking the link. Failing that PM me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.

EDIT: Just noticed another problem. Clones of samsh5sp are currently listed as clones of samsho5. I'll release a new version with this and other fixes in the next couple of hours. :)

Edited by + T +

UPDATE:

- Fixed kof2002d and kof2k2nd. (really this time :P )

- Clones of samsh5sp now use the correct parent.

- Fixed sf2toryu/sf2tory2 set names.

- Fixed the default screen size so it no longer clip the edges of the game-screen. (If you've run any previous versions of FBA-XXX or Pro, you'll need to choose 'Reset Screen defaults' to see the difference)

- The following sets have been added:

mslug5b, // Metal Slug 5 (Bootleg)

- FBA-XXX Pro archive now includes all required files with the exception of the XBE.

And can somebody please tell me how to re-create the problem where the emu crashes after trying to load an incomplete ROMset? I've tried several times with different sets and it always works correctly for me (waits 6 seconds then press B to return to menu).

Thanks for the update

Where can this new pro archive be found/downloaded?

And this will have ALL the working files needed to enjoy ROMS?

Thanks!

BTW, if we need a neogeo.zip , can you recommend which one/what the file structure inside the archive should be?

THanks again

Hi Thraxen,

huge thanks for the info and help.Actually tried the right click 'save target as' idea out yestaday with no joy.But on your advice I have just downloaded and installed the download manager app FlashGet and guess what everything works great now,Pro as just been DL'ed successfully on the 1st attempt using this program.Really can't thankyou enough for the advice and for so generously offering to email me Pro.

Still rather annoying not to know why this method works and DL'ing via XP/Windows doesn't.

Bit late now but I shall give Pro a try tomorrow.

Thanks again

Ta famitsu1 :P